The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography 1 & 2 GEOG1 & GEOG2 - 16 & 19 May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Lillywren99
Did anyone else think the population 4 marker (comment on...) and the one after on economic impacts of ageing populations (both in reference to the Figure) were essentially the same question?

I thought this, I wrote the first answer and turned the page and wrote basically the same, but more developed. I looked back at the 4 marker after I seen the 7 marker and realised it was more to do with how it impacts age structure. So, im thinking writing something along the lines of a top heavy population pyramid and potential ageing population would have been more in line with what they wanted:frown:
Original post by m5678
what case study did people use for the population 15 marker?

Anti-natalist Thailand- knew it more than pro-natalist France. Said it was theoretically quite sustainable and used aspects of casestudy to back up (govt thought about and accounted for religion with monks blessing contacetion, they considered future generations with educating kids, micro credit schemes support local communities as well) then in the conclusion i mentioned that the fertility rate was now below retainment level (2.1) meaning it might not be sustainable as could end up with ageing population
Original post by m5678

I used China's one-child policy
missed a 15 marker and answered all the 4/5 markers in a hurry without time to think :frown:

other than that I think the questions that i did answer were good answers which is more important
Idek tbh :frown:

Rivers was absolutely horrible, missed the water balance question and 15 marker (hydraulic radius really??????)
Coasts was brillianr, nice 15 marker and I even drew a diagram for the headlands and bays question :thumbsup:
Population was ok, got confused on 15 marker but then realised I could use Chinas one chid policy
Energy wasn't great, did 15 marker wrong and crossed it out, had to do bullet points

Not sure if I've done better than last time, would really like a C, hopefully I'm just being pesimisstic and I actually did decent :redface:
Original post by Coupertrouper
How did you all find the exam? Wtf was that rivers 15marker?

I know right! I didn't like the rivers 15 marker, I couldn't think of that many things to say, as well as for the population one :angry:
i liked the energy one though
Reply 66
Anyone else think the grade boundaries could possibly be quite low? Was 65 last year for an A, which is pretty typical looking at what it was in the years before. I think the fact only people resitting could sit this paper might lower it down to around 60. This is what has happened in my other subjects, history for example, where an A dropped by 6/7 marks last year because the only people sitting were resitters. On top of this, I thought some of the questions were pretty hard, which could lower it further. Fingers crossed.
Original post by tom1874
Anyone else think the grade boundaries could possibly be quite low? Was 65 last year for an A, which is pretty typical looking at what it was in the years before. I think the fact only people resitting could sit this paper might lower it down to around 60. This is what has happened in my other subjects, history for example, where an A dropped by 6/7 marks last year because the only people sitting were resitters. On top of this, I thought some of the questions were pretty hard, which could lower it further. Fingers crossed.

It's possible, but that would mean that quite a few people will have had to have done really badly. And I don't think it was as hard as the 2016 paper, so I'm not sure. But I get where you're coming from.
Original post by m5678

I used France :redface:
What did people do for the Health 15 marker... I talked about Sheffield's NHS :/
Original post by m5678

Uganda youthful pop.
also briefly alluded to china one child policy that success can be attained
Original post by geo_sciences
It's possible, but that would mean that quite a few people will have had to have done really badly. And I don't think it was as hard as the 2016 paper, so I'm not sure. But I get where you're coming from.

Fingers cross but remember people highest grade counts so dw too much
Reply 72
Original post by tom1874
I thought this, I wrote the first answer and turned the page and wrote basically the same, but more developed. I looked back at the 4 marker after I seen the 7 marker and realised it was more to do with how it impacts age structure. So, im thinking writing something along the lines of a top heavy population pyramid and potential ageing population would have been more in line with what they wanted:frown:

Yeah I thought it was the increasing, wider apex or something like that
Reply 73
What did people put for the Energy 15 marker? I don't remember doing a case study on energy apart from BP so I got confused
Reply 74
Original post by pezisland37
I used France :redface:

Same
Reply 75
Original post by m5678

I just used the UK - pensions schemes, pro-natal, immigration etc. Though lots of my friends used one child policy. Both of which should be allowed.
Reply 76
Original post by tg1998
I just used the UK - pensions schemes, pro-natal, immigration etc. Though lots of my friends used one child policy. Both of which should be allowed.

I did this too!
does anyone know where i can find the unofficial markscheme for the GEOG1 RESIT that was sat today ?
Reply 78
Original post by tom1874

Really ? I hope this happens!
Original post by tom1874

Not always the case... Economics Unit 1/2 both went up despite only being sat by candidates always resitting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending