The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography 1 & 2 GEOG1 & GEOG2 - 16 & 19 May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by L1lly
I did this too!

So glad someone else used the UK !! was so worried I was completely wrong whenI heard everyone was using China's One Child Policy
Reply 81
I was just wondering for the rivers 15 marker, the question asked about changes in channel characteristics of cross profiles and hydraulic radius at different sections in the river... Does that mean only use channel cross profiles or also include valley cross profiles?

I was a little bit confused as I don't know how you could write 15 marks just using channel cross profiles. Any input is a plus.

Thanks
Reply 82
Original post by Bigzy
I was just wondering for the rivers 15 marker, the question asked about changes in channel characteristics of cross profiles and hydraulic radius at different sections in the river... Does that mean only use channel cross profiles or also include valley cross profiles?

I was a little bit confused as I don't know how you could write 15 marks just using channel cross profiles. Any input is a plus.

Thanks

I wrote about the valley and the channel characteristics as I thought the same that there wasn't much to write about just channel characteristics!
Original post by Edenm98
What did people put for the Energy 15 marker? I don't remember doing a case study on energy apart from BP so I got confused

I used Norway, but I barely touched on the demand part of the question until the very end.
Reply 84
Original post by Poetic Gamer
I used Norway, but I barely touched on the demand part of the question until the very end.

I used Mali. However I thought AQA was a little unfair in the sense that for 15 marks I don't think there was much to write about for supply and demand of one country. When I came back home and looked in my revision packs there was hardly anything on one particular country for supply and demand. I think the question should have allowed two case studies to be discussed about. Possibly from contrasting areas of the world. This would make the question a little more easier to answer I feel.
Original post by Bigzy
I used Mali. However I thought AQA was a little unfair in the sense that for 15 marks I don't think there was much to write about for supply and demand of one country. When I came back home and looked in my revision packs there was hardly anything on one particular country for supply and demand. I think the question should have allowed two case studies to be discussed about. Possibly from contrasting areas of the world. This would make the question a little more easier to answer I feel.

Yeah prepared us for a comparison question (Norway and Chad) rather than they one thye gave us. At least I revised the case study and added more detail to my notes since I didn't really understand the demand area of the question. I just made refer to its small population and small growth which means that it doesn't require much energy to meet demands.

Hopefully the AQA examiners will take pity on me. it was the only 15 marker I knew what I was doing properly.
Reply 86
Yeah prepared us for a comparison question (Norway and Chad) rather than they one thye gave us. At least I revised the case study and added more detail to my notes since I didn't really understand the demand area of the question. I just made refer to its small population and small growth which means that it doesn't require much energy to meet demands.

Hopefully the AQA examiners will take pity on me. it was the only 15 marker I knew what I was doing properly.

Well in terms of demand/supply one of my points was that increased demand=more deforestation so potential desertification and soil erosion occurs. Therefore less trees for fuelwood can be planted to meet the demands of energy requirement in Mali. Although some points of mine were developed, I still couldn't find or think of anymore detail to go into any further. Hopefully on this question AQA will be a bit more lenient with there marking. I still can't think of what else to write for 15 marks on one country.
Reply 87
Original post by m5678
So glad someone else used the UK !! was so worried I was completely wrong whenI heard everyone was using China's One Child Policy

Nah i remember in the CGP book they had UK ageing and sustainability at the bottom so it had to be relevant! :smile: I just hope I wrote enough to get a high mark!
Reply 88
Original post by L1lly
Nah i remember in the CGP book they had UK ageing and sustainability at the bottom so it had to be relevant! :smile: I just hope I wrote enough to get a high mark!

I wrote about France's pro natalist policy. I could have done either one of Kenya/France or China's one child policy, but in the end remembered a little more about France. In my pack I had more info on the one child policy, but oh well. Hopefully I've wrote enough for a good amount of marks
Reply 89
Hi guys. I was just wondering this afternoon, for the energy 15 marker yesterday did we have to talk about different renewable energies advantages and disadvantages from one country and how this links to supply and demand?
Original post by Bigzy
Hi guys. I was just wondering this afternoon, for the energy 15 marker yesterday did we have to talk about different renewable energies advantages and disadvantages from one country and how this links to supply and demand?

I guess so since it can be implied that their energy supply is/isn't sustainable/appropriate since it may not be enough to meet the energy demands of the present or future especially as the population grows and demand is expected to increase.
Reply 91
I guess so since it can be implied that their energy supply is/isn't sustainable/appropriate since it may not be enough to meet the energy demands of the present or future especially as the population grows and demand is expected to increase.

The issue is that I'd have to pick out certain points for each renewable energy source to relate to supply and demand, and looking over my notes of renewable energy, particularly in the UK, there wasn't that much. Only a couple of points here and there that's about it really. Did anyone else think that they didn't have much to write about the the energy 15 marker?
predictions for geog2?
geog 2 is going to be on hydrograph
Original post by mydadispartofAQA
geog 2 is going to be on hydrograph

Hydrograph last year
Original post by jfkt1205
Hydrograph last year

nah my dad works for AQA trust me xx

lmao what a load of *******s
Original post by pezisland37
lmao what a load of *******s

I gonna tell my dad to give you a 'U' then, your loss.

ps. my dad is bigger than your dad in all ways :wink:

pss add my snapchat cbolwer19

:lies: Xx
How's Everyone feeling for this exam? Did unit 2 last year and got a C so hoping for higher this time cos unit 3 is looking very bad :frown: + Any predictions on the first section? Population or Rivers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending