The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redsoules
2^p = 2^5/2

part 2 is hard but I think:

2^5/2 * 2^10/3 divided by 2^5/6 will then equal 1^5 (I cancelled 2's so dammit If that was wrong)

yep, now add the powers on the top, take it away from the power at the bottom, what do you get? :smile:
Well the answer I had was 1^5 which is just 1? lol

I could try and go through my workings quickly (I also am having the test in the morning!)

2^5/2 * 2^10/3 divided by (2^5/2)^1/3

2^5/2 * 2^10/3 divided by 2^5/6

Then I cancelled the 2's (:O maybe a error) and made all fractions equal to x/6 (i.e - 15/6 + 20/6 and divided by 5/6)

This gave 35/6 divided by 5/6

subtracting (division of indices) = 35/6 - 5/6 = 30/6 = 5

Therefore the power of 1^5/1^0 = 1?

Original post by crashMATHS
yep, now add the powers on the top, take it away from the power at the bottom, what do you get? :smile:
Cancelling the 2's killed me actually I think.

2^5 / 2^0 = 32/1 = 32....

I'll remember to not do that again.

Cancelling the 2's killed me actually I think.

2^5 / 2^0 = 32/1 = 32....

I'll remember to not do that again.

Yes, that's right :smile:
Heh.. Well, better get to sleep. Going to get up early get myself some sardines on toast and have a pre-test exam paper to quickly run through to get the cogs going.

Yes, that's right :smile:
Heh.. Well, better get to sleep. Going to get up early get myself some sardines on toast and have a pre-test exam paper to quickly run through to get the cogs going.

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you
Alright boys it's time for me to cram this **** so that atleast i don't get a U, let's go bois give me ur energy
jeez haven't slept since 4am cos im so stressed about this **** ffs
Could we have similar notes for c2 please?
Original post by maneet_23
Just did last years papers and got 95 ums 😂 Why I didn't get that last year and only got 67 is a pisstake 😂😂😭

It is because of stress I think, if we think todays apper like a past paper ...as it is testing our skills

we get really worries,anxious and stressed ..that we are not thinking right theredfore we make MISTAKES
Original post by chrlhyms
jeez haven't slept since 4am cos im so stressed about this **** ffs

yeaa same here
Woke up at 5:30 and had breakfast, I don't feel like there's any theory gaps but I am still making stupid errors which is where I lose my marks!!
Original post by Ollie1999
Woke up at 5:30 and had breakfast, I don't feel like there's any theory gaps but I am still making stupid errors which is where I lose my marks!!

yea thats exactly my problem- how do we overcome that?

I KEEP THINKING IT IS RIGHT AS i do it WHEN IT IS NOT
Good luck everyone! We can do this...*big sigh*
Original post by Ollie1999

same !!! just have to like double and triple check loool
Original post by Shadowfire123
It is because of stress I think, if we think todays apper like a past paper ...as it is testing our skills

we get really worries,anxious and stressed ..that we are not thinking right theredfore we make MISTAKES

It most probably is that, I've always had such major issues with panic and anxiety during and before an exam, it annoys me so much. In my march mocks I did a c4 exam got 48%, thought I'm gonna fail the year, but we did one in class recently and got 88% - it's so frustrating knowing that it could go either way! Hopefully it will be okay today lol
Original post by maneet_23
It most probably is that, I've always had such major issues with panic and anxiety during and before an exam, it annoys me so much. In my march mocks I did a c4 exam got 48%, thought I'm gonna fail the year, but we did one in class recently and got 88% - it's so frustrating knowing that it could go either way! Hopefully it will be okay today lol

exactly the same lol -panicking and anxiety

I got 48% for C4 mock it was a jUNE 2014 IAL lol

lets hope for the best
I don't understand why I am so stressed because like c4 is a month does that mean I'll end up having a heartattack loool I'm no genius so I'm bound to not understand one question today hopefully the paper is a nice and standard papier
Original post by Shadowfire123
exactly the same lol -panicking and anxiety

I got 48% for C4 mock it was a jUNE 2014 IAL lol

lets hope for the best

I'm pretty sure that was my mock too 😂😂 lol but good luck!!
Original post by physicsamor
I don't understand why I am so stressed because like c4 is a month does that mean I'll end up having a heartattack loool I'm no genius so I'm bound to not understand one question today hopefully the paper is a nice and standard papier

we have to maximise UMS so that C4 does not effect much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending