The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ammilyn
Were there 10 questions?

yes
Yeah, i just sat the paper, had one question which probably tripped up an A* for me. It was y= -3x c, intersects y= 1/x 5, find co ord of intersection?! and then Solve (5-c)^2>12, im baffled, i rushed and answered c<5 -(12)^1/2, i know i could have simplified it to c<5 -2(3)^1/2, but no time. Dunno if that will at least score me a few marks. 7 marks both Q's worth, probably hardest in paper.
Reply 542
Anyone has the paper? i took c1 last year but want to see this year's paper
Why were there so many surds?!?!?
Original post by Isla01
Did anyone else get c=-88 on the integration question?

I did
Did you guys get 36.9 for the area of the triangle?
Original post by NotKidding
Predictions on the grade boundaries? 74 for 100UMS with 62-63 for an A?

I think it will be 61-63 for an A. Think this paper was just slightly easier than last years.
Original post by Specofranger
Yeah, i just sat the paper, had one question which probably tripped up an A* for me. It was y= -3x c, intersects y= 1/x 5, find co ord of intersection?! and then Solve (5-c)^2>12, im baffled, i rushed and answered c<5 -(12)^1/2, i know i could have simplified it to c<5 -2(3)^1/2, but no time. Dunno if that will at least score me a few marks. 7 marks both Q's worth, probably hardest in paper.

This was me. Did the exact same thing.
Original post by Finlay Monblat
I think it will be 61-63 for an A. Think this paper was just slightly easier than last years.

It's hard to tell. Last year's paper was very difficult but still had high grade boundaries!
Ugh. That was the hardest paper..... I did awfully. C1 resit next year hear I come.....
Does anyone know where the official C2 thread is? Or since the C1 exam already happened, would this thread change into a C2 thread next week? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sharaf371
That was so easy!! Defo an A :smile: Finished it in 35 mins and asked to leave but I couldn't lol

skrr come back on results day
Reply 552
Original post by Ammilyn
Were there 10 questions?

Yeah
Last question was probably the hardest
12t^2-59t+72<0
I know how to do it now but didn't do it in the exam
😐
I thought that was a bit stupid
Reply 554
Was c=-88
Original post by jb10101
Did you guys get 36.9 for the area of the triangle?

Yep, I got this.
Original post by Alxy boi
12t^2-59t+72<0
😐

WTF what question was this?!
Reply 557
Original post by Alxy boi
12t^2-59t+72<0
😐

Think you had the wrong numbers it was something like 12x^2 - 28x - 80 or something similar, but it was definitely divisible by 4
Original post by Rabada
Was c=-88

If you are talking about the one where you hsd to integrate then find tgis c using the fact that the curve passed through (4, -8). Then YES YOU CAN SMILE you are right.
Original post by Chanic
Anyone has the paper? i took c1 last year but want to see this year's paper

In my opinion this year was harder. June 2016 paper at least had some normal questions up until 7 or 8. This one didn't. Literally every question had big numbers fractions and some had surds and question 2 was already challenging, it looked easy but once you did it you realised that its not so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending