The Student Room Group

Ccea english lit!!!

Is a week enough time to learn CCEA's English Lit course? All inspector calls. Poetry. And unseen poetry?
****ing better be cause thats what im doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol mate I'm hoping a day will be enough time tbh
Original post by studentdying999
Lol mate I'm hoping a day will be enough time tbh

samers :frown:
It's open-book so I don't see why not. Just revise key themes in An Inspector Calls briefly & know how to structure your compare/contrast poetry essays (I'm doing Heaney/Hardy, so this may vary if you're on a different anthology):

- Introduce the question
- Don't forget some brief, relevant context on each
- Analyse and compare the titles of the poems
- Analyse and compare the structures
- Compare and contrast the language and overall ideas of each poem
- Write a brief conclusion including your opinion of the poems, which is usually asked for in the question.

The unseen poetry can seem daunting but try to make some sense of it. Even if your interpretation is incorrect you'll still be rewarded for insightful comments on the use of language and techniques.

The exam is marked out of 100. 40% in both drama and poetry anthology and the remaining 20% in unseen, so try to spend 40% of the two hours on drama, 40% on anthology and 20% on unseen, which is 48/48/24 minutes for each part respectively, CCEA recommend 45/45/30 but I find the extra 3 minutes highly useful in the two longer questions.

The exam is on Friday the 26th and I have no other exams that week, so I'm only setting aside Thursday for English, it should be more than enough.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by yrrab
It's open-book so I don't see why not. Just revise key themes in An Inspector Calls briefly & know how to structure your compare/contrast poetry essays (I'm doing Heaney/Hardy, so this may vary if you're on a different anthology):

- Introduce the question
- Don't forget some brief, relevant context on each
- Analyse and compare the titles of the poems
- Analyse and compare the structures
- Compare and contrast the language and overall ideas of each poem
- Write a brief conclusion including your opinion of the poems, which is usually asked for in the question.

The unseen poetry can seem daunting but try to make some sense of it. Even if your interpretation is incorrect you'll still be rewarded for insightful comments on the use of language and techniques.

The exam is marked out of 100. 40% in both drama and poetry anthology and the remaining 20% in unseen, so try to spend 40% of the two hours on drama, 40% on anthology and 20% on unseen, which is 48/48/24 minutes for each part respectively, CCEA recommend 45/45/30 but I find the extra 3 minutes highly useful in the two longer questions.

The exam is on Friday the 26th and I have no other exams that week, so I'm only setting aside Thursday for English, it should be more than enough.

Good luck! :smile:

ooh I'm doing Heaney and Hardy too - good luck on the test mate! And I'm doing the same - setting a day aside for English because tIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
Original post by studentdying999
ooh I'm doing Heaney and Hardy too - good luck on the test mate! And I'm doing the same - setting a day aside for English because tIME IS OF THE ESSENCE

When I say setting the day aside for English, I mean setting the day aside to actually read Blood Brothers :biggrin: I've managed to get to the end of Act 1 in the past year...
Original post by yrrab
When I say setting the day aside for English, I mean setting the day aside to actually read Blood Brothers :biggrin: I've managed to get to the end of Act 1 in the past year...

OH MY GOD :biggrin: Our teacher read it through with us so we had no choice but to know it - and we were taught it for like three years in our drama class so that helped :/ It's actually a really great play though so I have faith that you'll be able to read it in a day :smile: I'm just not looking so forward to having to write an essay about it... or whatever we're supposed to do :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending