The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics: Core C1 6663 17th May 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

what do people think the grade boundaries will be ?
Reply 601
i got 1/4
Original post by Tshb
I messed up that question so badly :////
I got -28 root 2
Original post by ollie robinson77
what do people think the grade boundaries will be ?

probably
69 for an A
64/65 for a B
60+ for a C
55 D
50 E
anything below 50 =U
Reply 603
who on th exam got the answer for the area of pst. im not joking i had sp many decimals i almost fell a sleep. i props got it wrong
Original post by Luke7456
probably
69 for an A
64/65 for a B
60+ for a C
55 D
50 E
anything below 50 =U

Definitely won't be 69/75 for 80UMS what planet are you living on...

IMO an A (80UMS) will be around 62/75
On question 3 i got a3 wrong as simplified wrong, i got k+(k/2)... anybody know how much i would get in that whole question if i used the incorrect a3 for the sum of in part b
Original post by oscar gul
so who here's resitting c1 next year?:smile:

Can you resist? There's a whole new specification and everything. IDK how it works.
Original post by marlodanvers
Can you resist? There's a whole new specification and everything. IDK how it works.

Yeah you can, it will most likely be a re-sit only paper but otherwise just normal
probably
69 for an A
64/65 for a B
60+ for a C
55 D
50 E
anything below 50 =U

These are quite high. 50 for an E won't happen, in my opinion. Low 40s, at most, I'd say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xMPXSWrKDA not the best hitler reaction video but its something to stop the pain from today XD
probably
69 for an A
64/65 for a B
60+ for a C
55 D
50 E
anything below 50 =U

you're saying its 67% for a E and 80% for a C? I did badly last year on core 1 and couldn't possibly have got over 60 but still got 75 UMS for a mid level B so I don't think your boundaries are accurate
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 611
Original post by L_dot_B
I gkt that and jept checking it cus it seemed a bit weird

Yep, I also got c as -88. :h:
Kinda annoyed because I could do every question but I went wrong with my calculation, last year I got a C but I'm hoping that this year I'll some how get 80ums :frown:I was hoping for like 90ums but I guess there's nothing like good old exam pressure. Now I'm hoping that c2 is just full of trig so I can make up For c1.

My advice to everyone just forget about it for now you can't change what you wrote, start revising for your other exams :h:
Original post by physicsamor
Kinda annoyed because I could do every question but I went wrong with my calculation, last year I got a C but I'm hoping that this year I'll some how get 80ums :frown:I was hoping for like 90ums but I guess there's nothing like good old exam pressure. Now I'm hoping that c2 is just full of trig so I can make up For c1.

My advice to everyone just forget about it for now you can't change what you wrote, start revising for your other exams :h:

i think thats what everyone is saying no one is saying it was conceptually hard so everyone got the concepts and what to do, its just the exam would induce a lot of mistakes, After thinking clearly I think I got an A grade I think. I might have a B grade though absolute worst case a C grade if this paper comes back below a C I think at that point I give up.
I think Min I have 60 marks probably 62-65 so its going to be close either way.
Any legit grade boundary guesses? Can we please not have people saying 75/75 is an A and 69/75 is an A.
probably
69 for an A
64/65 for a B
60+ for a C
55 D
50 E
anything below 50 =U

Drop all the grades down by 1 and that seems more accurate, still a bit high.
i think thats what everyone is saying no one is saying it was conceptually hard so everyone got the concepts and what to do, its just the exam would induce a lot of mistakes, After thinking clearly I think I got an A grade I think. I might have a B grade though absolute worst case a C grade if this paper comes back below a C I think at that point I give up.
I think Min I have 60 marks probably 62-65 so its going to be close either way.

Yeah I'm guessing I got around 60+ depending on how the marks were allocated. It just sucks because you are so close to the answer and yet so far away. Im hoping you get what you want :h:
probably
69 for an A
64/65 for a B
60+ for a C
55 D
50 E
anything below 50 =U

You high or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsamor
Yeah I'm guessing I got around 60+ depending on how the marks were allocated. It just sucks because you are so close to the answer and yet so far away. Im hoping you get what you want :h:

Look at last years grade boundaries and adjust according to them id say
This is the raw marks you need for each grade from previous years.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending