The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Yesterday, I received an email saying PECs in order, will receive a start date soon. This email is identical to the one I received on 30 March. Only
the date is different. So 45 days on and no start date!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed I will receive in the next few days.
Does any1 know the pay for the job?
Original post by Nas08
Does any1 know the pay for the job?

I believe the starting wage was £18,593, which all new, non-civil service, starters would be on. The upper limit was £20,292, but I envision this was for people transferring from within the civil service
After the OH interview, how long did it generally take people to have all of their PECs in order? Still have trepidations that I will fail the PEC based on the disciplinary
got my rota today for when training finishes patterns seem to be 9 - 5:30 / 10:30 - 7 / 11:30 - 8 / 2-10
Reply 1585
Original post by Fontaine1990
got my rota today for when training finishes patterns seem to be 9 - 5:30 / 10:30 - 7 / 11:30 - 8 / 2-10

So you do a week of each over the 4 weeks? Is there much weekend Work?
Original post by Sssun
So you do a week of each over the 4 weeks? Is there much weekend Work?

no different days have different times for example my first rota'd week is
sunday - off
monday - bank holiday
tuesday - 11:30 - 8
wednesday 11:30 - 8
thursday - 9 - 5:30
friday 9-5:30
saturday - off
u get about 8 weeks in advance
Reply 1588
You mind telling me your weekend shifts for the first 8 weeks please? Sorry for all the questions. Just wanna have a idea of how much weekend work I will have
Original post by scott_m_
Do you need to do anything with the DBS certificate they post to you or do HMRC get an electronic version?

No thats ur copy hmrc get a electronic copy 👍
Original post by Okiedokes
so I'm guessing those working in PT will be working a variety of shift patterns inc weekends whereas DM is the standard 9-5 mon-fri

I hope it is, I am in DM and would be happy to come back home and put my little one to bed so 9-5 would be ideal for me but we'll see. Which one are you working in?
When you receive the email saying PECs OK, you will receive a start date from HMRC, any feedback on how long you waited for the start date please?
Reply 1592
Original post by Fontaine1990
was the same for me coming to the end of my 3rd week now but I'm on tax credits

hey, sorry for late reply just been proper busy, I am sure you will do great on the phones. At 1st I was panicking too but now I am use to it & do enjoy it. Understanding all the systems takes time too. I am sure you will get the hang of it all and will enjoy it too 👍🏽
Reply 1593
Original post by burnsy94
Anyone else been offered a job at East Kilbride been moved to plaza tower and know where I'd be best to park as all car parks seem to be adding around £150 a month on to my outgoings.

Hey I work at Bathgate and free car park there, Iive near wishaw too. Thats one reason why I applied for Bathgate than East Kilbride 🙈 parking space for car 🙈
Original post by phili20
I hope it is, I am in DM and would be happy to come back home and put my little one to bed so 9-5 would be ideal for me but we'll see. Which one are you working in?

I have begun my training in dm and yes it's ideal time for me too. I'm guessing it will be the same times for you. When do you start training?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Tct88
I'm starting on the 5th june in Portsmouth too 😀

See you there :wink:
Reply 1596
Is there anyone working in Cardiff at Brunel House?
Those of you who have been lucky in starting or have a start date, could you spare a
few seconds to answer this for me please........

When you have the email saying PECs in order, you will soon receive a start date
from HMRC.......approx how long after this did you get a start date.

Many thanks
Original post by Rhonddaguy
Those of you who have been lucky in starting or have a start date, could you spare a
few seconds to answer this for me please........

When you have the email saying PECs in order, you will soon receive a start date
from HMRC.......approx how long after this did you get a start date.

Many thanks

You don't get an email advising they are in order. Most of us had to chase for that info. It took 1 month for me to get a start date after continuous chasing.
I also didn't get an email saying they were in order but also still waiting for a date, chased 4 times already and been waiting a month and 5 days now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending