The Student Room Group

Mphil in Management Cambridge 2017/2018 Entry

Hello, has anyone who applied to this course received any update? I applied in late September (which is relatively early i think), but I haven't heard anything yet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied in mid of November and still haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 2
Original post by yat121
I applied in mid of November and still haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for the reply. As far as I know, they only give first batch of offers to desirable applicants in Jan and Feb, however the majority of applicants will receive updates around March 8th. So it is still far to go......
Reply 3
I was rejected for the Mphil in finance and economics today. Now my all hope is in mphil management
Hi! I applied during Christmas. I suppose it's a bit late. The status is still "under consideration of dept"
May I ask what's your undergraduate major? I'm a language student and fear that my maths and statistics background may be too weak for the course.
It seems that there are much fewer people in this year's thread. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by drizzlyday
Hi! I applied during Christmas. I suppose it's a bit late. The status is still "under consideration of dept"
May I ask what's your undergraduate major? I'm a language student and fear that my maths and statistics background may be too weak for the course.

Hello,
I don't think maths and statistics matter in this course. Because if you check the course website (https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/professional-practice/mphil-management/class-profile/), the mainstream (47%) of previous students are from Law, politics & humanities.
Thank you Zhedong!
My background is quite typical anyway. I really doubt whether I stand a chance, but I suppose it's worth trying.

Could you please post here when you have received any updates? Wish us good luck! : )
Hey. I wonder if you have submitted any essays, like PS/SOP, as part of supporting documentation?
Reply 9
Hey. I wonder if you have submitted any essays, like PS/SOP, as part of supporting documentation?

No it is not in the list of supporting documents. By the way, I know some people who have applied to this course got rejections in January. So if you haven't received rejection, it is a good sign that denotes you are still in the line.
Original post by Zhedong
No it is not in the list of supporting documents. By the way, I know some people who have applied to this course got rejections in January. So if you haven't received rejection, it is a good sign that denotes you are still in the line.

Aww really? Sorry to hear that. Do you happen to know when they applied? I wonder if the Committee have already reviewed my materials.
Reply 11
Aww really? Sorry to hear that. Do you happen to know when they applied? I wonder if the Committee have already reviewed my materials.

It doesn't matter when you apply. The things is that the committee will review your application on a rolling basis (they review as soon as you submit), however the decisions will only be declared around March 8th (based on past posts in this forum). Despite some excellent candidates can receive decision in January or February, many candidates need to wait until March 8th to receive a decision. If you didn't get any rejection before that date, then you are mostly likely to get an offer.
Original post by Zhedong
It doesn't matter when you apply. The things is that the committee will review your application on a rolling basis (they review as soon as you submit), however the decisions will only be declared around March 8th (based on past posts in this forum). Despite some excellent candidates can receive decision in January or February, many candidates need to wait until March 8th to receive a decision. If you didn't get any rejection before that date, then you are mostly likely to get an offer.

Alright got it. Thanks for sharing the information.
Good luck Zhedong!
I will post here if I hear anything, good or bad :redface:
Does everyone who applied have a 1st. I applied with a high 2:1 was wondering if my application would still be properly considered.
Reply 14
Original post by markjones34
Does everyone who applied have a 1st. I applied with a high 2:1 was wondering if my application would still be properly considered.

Hello,

It is a very difficult question to answer because in the past there are some candidates with high 2:1 admitted to this course. There are also some rejected (my classmate with 68 get rejected in January). I would suggest having a try and let's see what'll happen.
Original post by Zhedong
Hello,

It is a very difficult question to answer because in the past there are some candidates with high 2:1 admitted to this course. There are also some rejected (my classmate with 68 get rejected in January). I would suggest having a try and let's see what'll happen.

I guess it's a good sign for me then considering I applied in November and haven't been declined yet. Fingers crossed.
Reply 16
~~~
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Hey guys, new to the thread. I am still waiting back to hear. About me: I am a third year LSE philosophy student. Achieved a first in both my first and second year (both of which count towards my degree) and am predicted a first in my final year. Completed a Summer Internship with the Tata Group in Mumbai for 10 weeks last Summer, and currently run my own business, hence the desire to pursue management. Good luck to you all and hope to see you guys next year.
Hi guys,
Any news this week?
Been waiting since mid Oct... this is killing me:s-smilie:
Anyways good luck to everyone!
Reply 19
Original post by seeyajulia
Hi guys,
Any news this week?
Been waiting since mid Oct... this is killing me:s-smilie:
Anyways good luck to everyone!

Hello seeyajulia

Based on last year posts, it is likely that in next week (around Mar 8th) we will hear some kind of decisions.

Kind Regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending