The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Chemistry 2017

What did everyone think of the exam? What answers did you get?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was alright, but not as easy as biology though
I put eBay to a question where I had to name one other traditional source of Alkali, to give you an indication of how well I did.
Reply 3
Original post by Popsiclez
I put eBay to a question where I had to name one other traditional source of Alkali, to give you an indication of how well I did.

Hahah! I felt like i knew that one. i just couldn't think of the answer!! What did you put for the true or false?
Original post by student.876
Hahah! I felt like i knew that one. i just couldn't think of the answer!! What did you put for the true or false?

Think I put true true false think I put false for the last one can't remember
For the one saying a use of hydrogen chloride I put hydrochloric acid not sure if it was chlorine or that and said it was a base for other chemicals such as bleach
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Spoon££££
For the one saying a use of hydrogen chloride I put hydrochloric acid not sure if it was chlorine or that and said it was a base for other chemicals such as bleach

it was chlorine
Reply 7
What did people put for the first question? the one on methane?

Can't remember what I put exactly but I added all the percentages up got 70 something took that from 100 % left over was the methane
What did we think of the 6 markers
What did we think of the 6 markers

Tbh they could have been a lot worse. I thought they were quite straightforward.
I'm a bit worried about the question about traditional sources if alkalis. I put urea. But in the book it says stale urine. I'm not sure if urea and stale urine is the same thing. As it's the urea IN the urine that forms the alkali. I think it was 2 marks so it would be really annoying to lose two marks for something that could have been prevented. Does anyone's know if urea is still an acceptable answer, it's the only question which is stressImg me out. Thanks.

I just added the % of oxygen and carbon dioxide and water vapour and subtracted from 100. I got 27%.
Original post by Rachelharveyx
it was chlorine

It's hydrochloride acid when you add water, and you can use the chlorine to make bleach. I think I put the uses for bleach as sanitation and hygiene.
I put true, true, false, false for the last one.
Original post by Popsiclez

The answer was stale urine.

27%
Original post by Minnie111
The answer was stale urine.

Ugh I put urine do u reckon I'll still get the mark?
Ugh I put urine do u reckon I'll still get the mark?

Probably, let's hope urine and urea are both acceptable answers.
What did you get for the question about salt mines in The North of a England?. I put the seawater evaporated quicker when near the equator due to highrper temperatures. But my answer was probably wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest