The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Lit AS 2017

I did really well for my exam in gcse and I've been pressured to maintain that reputation. For essays and learning I've been doing quite well but getting closer to the exam, I've been doing practice essays and I just can't get out of that Level 4 (sometimes I fall into Level 3).

Am I stressing too much? I wanna stay calm and stay away from revision but I'm scared that I will forget the important things. Too many poems to remember and I'm doing Importance of Being Earnest for the play.

How are you feeling? Any advices for tomorrow?
Thanks!
Original post by zaggalicious
I did really well for my exam in gcse and I've been pressured to maintain that reputation. For essays and learning I've been doing quite well but getting closer to the exam, I've been doing practice essays and I just can't get out of that Level 4 (sometimes I fall into Level 3).

Am I stressing too much? I wanna stay calm and stay away from revision but I'm scared that I will forget the important things. Too many poems to remember and I'm doing Importance of Being Earnest for the play.

How are you feeling? Any advices for tomorrow?
Thanks!

Hi,

I was in the same position as you last year, going into AS exams with grades lower than I wanted (I was ending up crying after each assessment as I was done with failing by this time last year)

But honestly? It's mainly the writing style that influences the marks.

A bit of advice for the introductions: instead of listing off the points and methods that would be mentioned in the essay, instead try to summarise the argument. I don't study The Importance of Being Earnest, but the concept is the same:

Example: Hemmingway uses his novel "The importance of being earnest" to display a concept of X through [The theme in the question].

I hope this helps, and you're more than welcome to ask for more help and tips if you need it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Hi,

I was in the same position as you last year, going into AS exams with grades lower than I wanted (I was ending up crying after each assessment as I was done with failing by this time last year)

But honestly? It's mainly the writing style that influences the marks.

A bit of advice for the introductions: instead of listing off the points and methods that would be mentioned in the essay, instead try to summarise the argument. I don't study The Importance of Being Earnest, but the concept is the same:

Example: Hemmingway uses his novel "The importance of being earnest" to display a concept of X through [The theme in the question].

I hope this helps, and you're more than welcome to ask for more help and tips if you need it :smile:

Thank you so much! This is honestly the most reliable and calmest thing I read. My exam is in 3 hours and I've already structured my introduction since that's the most important part. (Btw The Importance of Being Earnest is a play by Oscar Wilde :wink: )

Thanks again!!
Original post by zaggalicious
Thank you so much! This is honestly the most reliable and calmest thing I read. My exam is in 3 hours and I've already structured my introduction since that's the most important part. (Btw The Importance of Being Earnest is a play by Oscar Wilde :wink: )

Thanks again!!

Anytime!
How did your exam go, anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending