The Student Room Group

Should i revise the night before exams?

Hi
I have an exam tomorrow about child & development and I don't think I have done enough revision. I have tried the Mock and I just went clueless...I literally don't know anything about it. Should I pull an all nighter ? I need to revise four topics.
No, the only time to revise before an exam is if you have revised the topic a few months or weeks ago and typed the notes down. NOT WHEN YOU HAVE NOT EVEN WROTE ANY NOTES OR REVISED THE TOPIC.
Reply 2
I don't think there is any advice to give that can be considered good at this point.

My advice: Revise until 11/12 then get a good night's sleep. You'll always do better with a well rested brain than with a groggy one. You'll not remember much or be able to process much if you try to pull an all nighter.

Take the lesser of two evils. Wing it and be prepared to resit if you can.
What I've been doing with GCSE's is waking up earlier to revise in the morning because I feel like I know NOTHING. It's better to sleep early and wake up early than revising into the night :smile:
Hey you what that's a ****ing good idea. Oh my God i never knew the likes of this idiot in this world ooooooooooooooooo:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::angry:
Original post by ZayZigZag
Hi
I have an exam tomorrow about child & development and I don't think I have done enough revision. I have tried the Mock and I just went clueless...I literally don't know anything about it. Should I pull an all nighter ? I need to revise four topics.

Not an all nighter but you could work till 2am.
Maybe get up at 7am?
Reply 6
I'm doomed :argh:
Original post by 999tigger
Not an all nighter but you could work till 2am.
Maybe get up at 7am?
Original post by ZayZigZag
I'm doomed :argh:

Well its your own fault. Use the time you have left to divide between sleep and study.
Reply 8
Not really, I had 3 exam this week and only had enough time to revise for two. One of them had no structure has to how we should revise for it, the lecturer said that we just need to look at the all the powerpoint from semester one and two. Plus they told us only three week before the exam.
It sounds like an essay based subject. Either way, if there are 4 topics, I'd say revise from now to 11, and do about 2 and a half topics by briefly going over the book and learning the important points. Then, go to sleep and wake up at 4:30/5:00 and revise until 7:30. Do the rest of the one and half topics and then go over what you did today really briefly + make sure you know the important points. But a good night's sleep is important as you will not perform well if you know a lot, but are tired for the exam.
Also, I've heard that morning is a very good time to revise and learn.
Other than that, don't panic, and good luck for your exam :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Sleep is for the weak go get a red bull six pack and start smashing past papers, notes at this stage are futile you want to be doing those up until dawn then chug down an espresso and walk into that exam and i'm sure you will pass.

Quick Reply

Latest