The Student Room Group

I have to do a presentation...

...on my own...in front of the whole class.

Any tips?
Last time I did one I nearly collapsed and had to stop and cry for 10 minutes after saying 2 sentences.

If I do it successfully I'm sure I'll have a few new friends.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

speak in an american accent.. always helps me. cmon! think of baker
Original post by feministy

Any tips?
Last time I did one I nearly collapsed and had to stop and cry for 10 minutes after saying 2 sentences.

http://copperbadge.livejournal.com/3406378.html <= an excellent set of tips for nervous presenters.
Original post by emerald7770
speak in an american accent.. always helps me. cmon! think of baker

The class already hates me!

lol why!

tell them im a feminist
Maybe, get to your classroom early and practice in front of the empty seats?
lol why!

Once my 'friend' threw a cookie from the back of the room at the teacher and everyone thought it was me...

I'm also a weirdo who never talks.
Original post by Governah
tell them im a feminist

They would actually love me if I said that though.
Reply 9
At least it's not the classic situation where you have pulled the weight of your group and complete all the work for everyone...

I think doing a presentation on your own is better in terms of getting credit for the work you have done - it accurately represents the effort you have put in.

I did a joint lab report a few weeks ago (didn't have to present it thank god) and I did about 60% of the typing! Ridiculous!

Unfortunately you just have to suck it up and get on with it. Unless you have a secret weapon like propranalol or benzos lol :wink::wink:
(edited 6 years ago)
Once my 'friend' threw a cookie from the back of the room at the teacher and everyone thought it was me...

I'm also a weirdo who never talks.

Oh.. lol. Are you shy too?
I always practice it in front of my parents before hand - it usually helps me get familiar with the structure of it in someone I don't feel uncomfortable screwing up in front. After that, just either gaze over them so you're not specifically looking at one person - or look in the spaces between them, that way you're still looking at them, but not directly gazing at them.

Best of luck!
Original post by saffarinda
I always practice it in front of my parents before hand - it usually helps me get familiar with the structure of it in someone I don't feel uncomfortable screwing up in front. After that, just either gaze over them so you're not specifically looking at one person - or look in the spaces between them, that way you're still looking at them, but not directly gazing at them.

Best of luck!

Lol my parents don't want to hear about how I am pro-choice

Any tips?

If I do it successfully I'm sure I'll have a few new friends.

Well you certainly do an excellent joy of shutting down some idiots on here so I think you just need to take this confidence and attitude into it. Good luck 😊
Reply 14
> If I do it successfully I'm sure I'll have a few new friends.

Here's a tip from me, if you do it well you'll even have a couple of girls automatically going in Niagra Falls mode for your d- wait you're a woman. Oh guess it won't work for you.

Well since you're a woman, you could always go to Saudi Arabia. They don't allow women to do public speaking. Just the way I like it!
Oh.. lol. Are you shy too?

Aye
Lol my parents don't want to hear about how I am pro-choice

Awesome topic to do it on! Nothing wrong with being pro-choice, present it to your friends instead.
Reply 17
lol why!

What do you mean "why"? Isn't it obvious!?
Reply 18
Be fun and interesting. Forget quality of work, just enjoy it. Find details you think your class mates will like. I used to hate doing stuff like that but now I love it
Original post by Katzen
What do you mean "why"? Isn't it obvious!?

i swr i cant take u seriously with that dp LMAO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending