The Student Room Group

I have to do a presentation...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by em_lj
Awesome topic to do it on! Nothing wrong with being pro-choice, present it to your friends instead.

Present it at your local Church.

And then call me, if you're still alive I'll invite you to my local mosque.
Original post by Katzen

I would mind that at all :smile:
Original post by Katzen

True 😂
Original post by feministy
Aye

Lol good luck. x
Original post by em_lj
Awesome topic to do it on! Nothing wrong with being pro-choice, present it to your friends instead.

Seeing as I don't have friends I'll just say it to the mirror.
Was probably in your position all those years ago, but now I am able to comfortably talk in front of an audience to bring out my viewpoint. It takes effort, practice and time really.

For you, in front of the whole class, you should just imagine that whatever you're presenting, you know a lot about it and you are able to confidently bring your viewpoint out. The anxiety that comes with presenting is that 'what if what I'm saying is wrong? Or what if people won't like what I'm saying?' Alas there's not a solution to this apart from being confident. And to allow this you just gotta have your presentation in your mind as if it's something that you know and are going to present and no one else can do anything about it.

Yes there'll be feedback and yes what you may say may not be agreeable to everyone, but you can't please everyone all the time.

You just gotta own it.
Reply 26
Original post by emerald7770
i swr i cant take u seriously with that dp LMAO

Look who's talking! Your dp! How can I take you seriously when that's not even you on that camel? You can't even afford to ride on a camel, that's how much I can't take you seriously.

I did a similar thing last year, my presentation was on feminism and I drove my friends mad repeating it to them so I ended up in the same situation as you just saying it to myself 😂
Reply 28

Why? You don't have friends, now do you want the mirror to crack and lose that as well?

#rekt
Original post by Katzen
Why? Do you want the mirror to crack or something?

#rekt

I'll say it to my triple glazed windows then
Original post by Katzen
Look who's talking! Your dp! How can I take you seriously when that's not even you on that camel? You can't even afford to ride on a camel, that's how much I can't take you seriously.

fgs!:laugh::laugh:
Reply 31
I'll say it to my triple glazed windows then

Valium and propranalol and a few caffeine pills

(ask gp to prescribe the first two)

You'll feel invincible :h:

I am an introvert and its worked for me on many occasions. I even spoke publicly in front of hundreds of people without crying and ****ing up.

Don't make a habit of it though.
(edited 6 years ago)
...on my own...in front of the whole class.

Any tips?
Last time I did one I nearly collapsed and had to stop and cry for 10 minutes after saying 2 sentences.

If I do it successfully I'm sure I'll have a few new friends.

Don't rush. When giving a presentation, specially shy people tend to talk too quickly and give all the info in order to finish the painful idea of talking to a bunch of teens. If i was you, I would learn the information you are trying to transmit and take little breathes between each subtopic or even full-stops, so the audience assimilates your words.

Also express your words through your body while you talk, moving your hands, walking around and don't be scared to look at the people.

I guess that's it. Good luck and tell us how it goes!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Imagine them all naked whilst you are speaking, helps take the pressure off for some people
Reply 35
The class already hates me!

Wow, really? How surprising, couldn't imagine anyone could hate you at all!
Reply 36

I'm also a weirdo who never talks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending