University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Is a studio a good choice?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by beanmaker
Is a studio a good choice?

If you really need your own kitchen area and can afford the (rather high) price then I reckon you should go for it! I've chosen a studio myself but that's for medical reasons. :smile:
Original post by IndigoJFT96
If you really need your own kitchen area and can afford the (rather high) price then I reckon you should go for it! I've chosen a studio myself but that's for medical reasons. :smile:

Where have you chosen it, if you don't mind me asking?
Where have you chosen it, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind. :h: I've chosen the Deluxe Studio in Crown Place. From what I seem it's a pretty good, spacious room.
I don't mind. :h: I've chosen the Deluxe Studio in Crown Place. From what I seem it's a pretty good, spacious room.

It is the cheapest studio, you seen the philharmonic one?
It is the cheapest studio, you seen the philharmonic one?

Yeah I have! I think that the Philharmonic studio is really nice but it's soooooo expensive. Extra £30 a week. :frown:
Yeah I have! I think that the Philharmonic studio is really nice but it's soooooo expensive. Extra £30 a week. :frown:

Yep, there are also really cheap private ones btw. Anyway what course you doing?
I heard that Carnatic student village is more lively than on-campus accomodation, is this true? Although it's a bus ride away and not as modern-looking, the fact that it's more 'sociable' makes Carnatic sound more appealing to me.
Also, is there a particular hall in Carnatic that is better in any way?
I really should apply soon lmao help
Anyone else staying in Crown Place 2017. Is it worth the price ?
I've also seen reviews that the accommodation staff are very strict regarding music ect?
Nevertheless im still going the rooms look really nice.
I am :smile:
Original post by VMD100
I am :smile:

Nice have you visited the rooms yet or had a tour round them? What course will you be studying?
I'm staying in Crown Place as well. I think the prices are a little much but the rooms are so nice I can't really complain. :smile:
Original post by Max12121
Nice have you visited the rooms yet or had a tour round them? What course will you be studying?

Yeah I looked at them on one of the open days last year - Veterinary medicine, how about you?
Original post by VMD100
Yeah I looked at them on one of the open days last year - Veterinary medicine, how about you?

Business management (with a year in industry)
1st year undergrad, I've put down Crown Place as my 1st and 2nd preference but after reading some of these reviews I'm probably going to be staying in private halls

https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1003919-s1044499-crown-place-the_university_of_liverpool-liverpool
Original post by aspirated
1st year undergrad, I've put down Crown Place as my 1st and 2nd preference but after reading some of these reviews I'm probably going to be staying in private halls

https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1003919-s1044499-crown-place-the_university_of_liverpool-liverpool

I'm currently at the University of Liverpool and everyone I know loves Crown Place. The few people who have a bad experience are more likely to put down a bad review, remember.
Original post by Edminzodo
I'm currently at the University of Liverpool and everyone I know loves Crown Place. The few people who have a bad experience are more likely to put down a bad review, remember.

Yeah I was sceptical at first after seeing loads of bad reviews about being not social and that.But I guess how good it is depends on how you make the most of it. But for every bad review I see a good review counteracting the bad reviews point
Yeah I was sceptical at first after seeing loads of bad reviews about being not social and that.But I guess how good it is depends on how you make the most of it. But for every bad review I see a good review counteracting the bad reviews point

People who like it are less likely to leave a review because they have nothing to complain about! You've got the right attitude; it's all down to the individual! I hope you're looking forward to September! :smile:
Original post by Edminzodo
People who like it are less likely to leave a review because they have nothing to complain about! You've got the right attitude; it's all down to the individual! I hope you're looking forward to September! :smile:

I really can't wait. I've been to look at the rooms and their amazing compared to other rooms I've seen, a bit expensive but nonetheless really nice.
Anyone else staying in Crown Place 2017. Is it worth the price ?
I've also seen reviews that the accommodation staff are very strict regarding music ect?
Nevertheless im still going the rooms look really nice.

I've applied for it :smile:

I'd say it's worth the price, looked nice on the open day, bit expensive compared to accommodation at other unis though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending