The Student Room Group

AS students who crammed

when i revise, i revise ineffectively. i dont really know any good revision methods. i know this because when I do practice papers i struggle.

so people who got an A or B at as levels through cramming, what techniques did you employ?
Original post by galingo
when i revise, i revise ineffectively. i dont really know any good revision methods. i know this because when I do practice papers i struggle.

so people who got an A or B at as levels through cramming, what techniques did you employ?

I'm currently an AS student and have had no time to revise these past few weeks, due to many issues. I never start revision early (bad habit!) but I mainly do all of the past papers that I can. If you're finding you get stuck during past papers, especially certain topics, take a peek at your textbook/mark scheme and try to remember the technique for next time. If you are a maths student, www.physicsandmathstutor.com have individual topic worksheets which are very useful.

Good luck!
Use the scribble technique
Buy a A4 whiteboard and constantly re-read and re-write notes?
Original post by feministy
Use the scribble technique

whats the scribble technique
Heavily depends on the subject, something like Computer Science for me was through constantly reading then writing on blank paper until I managed to remember much of the content, for questions that required me to work something out (Binary ones) I'd do multiple sums also. For something like Law, the best way is to actually do past questions or flashcards of cases and their legal principles.
I just read my CGP books and roughly memorised the most important parts the morning of the exam. I did OCR Chem, AQA Physics, AQA Biology and also Edexcel C1, C2 and M1. For maths I just did the previous year's papers and some tough ones from Solomon. I got AABB in that order.

Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Buy a A4 whiteboard and constantly re-read and re-write notes?

This is also a good idea. You could also just write important facts onto paper and stick them on your wall. When you see them you'll start to memorise them over a few days.
Original post by galingo
whats the scribble technique

IMG_0135.PNG
Reply 8
Good question.
Original post by boriapple
I just read my CGP books and roughly memorised the most important parts the morning of the exam. I did OCR Chem, AQA Physics, AQA Biology and also Edexcel C1, C2 and M1. For maths I just did the previous year's papers and some tough ones from Solomon. I got AABB in that order.

This is also a good idea. You could also just write important facts onto paper and stick them on your wall. When you see them you'll start to memorise them over a few days.

Did you cram for your exams?
Original post by galingo
Did you cram for your exams?

Yeah. Like I said, I mostly only went through my books on the mornings of the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest