The Student Room Group

Virginity

Hey guys,

21 y/o female here. I'm a virgin, have never really met someone I'm comfortable enough with, to have sex with, although I've been sexually intimate with a few guys.

I guess I'm just wondering this - If you were to meet a 21 y/o virgin, how would that make you feel? Is it a turn off?

I'm not necessarily waiting for marriage, but I seem to be waiting for something..

Scroll to see replies

No. Save yourself for someone worthy of saving yourself for. I know plenty of girls who just go ahead and lose their virginity for no real reason but they don't seem that emotionally invested in it.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

21 y/o female here. I'm a virgin, have never really met someone I'm comfortable enough with, to have sex with, although I've been sexually intimate with a few guys.

I guess I'm just wondering this - If you were to meet a 21 y/o virgin, how would that make you feel? Is it a turn off?

I'm not necessarily waiting for marriage, but I seem to be waiting for something..

It would be a good thing as many guy's prefer a girl to be a virgin and those religious guy's prefer that for religious reasons. I think you are waiting for a guy you feel you can emotionally trust to have sex with. :smile:
Original post by boriapple
I know plenty of girls who just go ahead and lose their virginity for no real reason but they don't seem that emotionally invested in it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It was their choice to do that.
Reply 4
Damn, look at the society we are in now, when people, women for that matter are looked down if they're virgins at 21.

Quite sad
Reply 5
No. Save yourself for someone worthy of saving yourself for. I know plenty of girls who just go ahead and lose their virginity for no real reason but they don't seem that emotionally invested in it.

Thanks for that :smile:

Recently met a guy, who I was starting to like quite a bit, but he was just using me. It was still early days, but I thought I might as well just lose it to him because I'd been waiting for a while and thought why not, considering I like him. Thankfully he showed his true colours in time. But it got me thinking about this whole waiting thing I guess
Original post by Clockrice
It would be a good thing as many guy's prefer a girl to be a virgin and those religious guy's prefer that for religious reasons. I think you are waiting for a guy you feel you can emotionally trust to have sex with. :smile:

Why on earth would many guys prefer a virgin? I would of thought most guys don't really care.

I personally would find it slightly offputting if a girl I'm with hasn't had sex before.
Original post by hezzlington
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It was their choice to do that.

Never said it was a problem.

EDIT:

Why on earth would many guys prefer a virgin? I would of thought most guys don't really care.

I personally would find it slightly offputting if a girl I'm with hasn't had sex before.

Why'd you find it offputting?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey guys,

It doesn't matter!

Virginity is not a real thing, you don't physically lose anything.

You should wait until your comfortable and if you meet someone half decent they won't be bothered if you're a virgin or not.
Reply 9

Definitely think that's it! :tongue:
Hey guys,

Lol.... 21 year old girl AND a virgin....

Is that a turn-off? I'd say it's the complete opposite :wink:
Never said it was a problem.

EDIT:

Why'd you find it offputting?

You sort of made it sound like it was a bad thing?

If I hooked up with a girl it would be a bit awkward if she had no clue what she was doing. Confidence in the bedroom is hot.
Reply 12
The opposite.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Lol.... 21 year old girl AND a virgin....

Is that a turn-off? I'd say it's the complete opposite :wink:

why is it a turn on?
why is it a turn on?

Well, men are like keys and women are like locks...

If a key is 21 years old and hasn't been able to open any locks then it's a terrible key

However if a lock is 21 years old and hasn't been opened by any keys then it's a damn good lock!
Definitely think that's it! :tongue:

Okay then. So what do you think or feel would mean you trusted a guy enough to have sex with them? :smile: Also you can PM me if you want to talk properly.

If a key is 21 years old and hasn't been able to open any locks then it's a terrible key

However if a lock is 21 years old and hasn't been opened by any keys then it's a damn good lock!

Pretty silly metaphor.

You could go the other way by saying men are like pencils, women are like pencil sharpeners.

A pencil that is sharpened too much gets reduced to nothing. A pencil sharpener can sharpen many pencils.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'd prefer a virgin seeing as I'm still a virgin too, for the same reason.
My question to you is, how would you react if you were in the other position and had a 21 y/o virgin male?

:lol: I like that analogy

Okay then. So what do you think or feel would mean you trusted a guy enough to have sex with them? :smile: Also you can PM me if you want to talk properly.

I think that's my problem, I really have no clue? As I've been in the situation with a few guys (although I've only had one boyfriend), but once it's getting really heated, my body's just like no?

Aww, thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
I'd prefer a virgin seeing as I'm still a virgin too, for the same reason.
My question to you is, how would you react if you were in the other position and had a 21 y/o virgin male?

Personally, it wouldn't bother me. It would be a nice surprise if anything, as I've not been with a male virgin before.

I used to say to myself, it would be great to be with another virgin :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending