The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else retake C1 today? Most yr12's seem to have found it hard, but i thought it was quite easy, think got 73/75
Original post by Strimpy
Anyone else retake C1 today? Most yr12's seem to have found it hard, but i thought it was quite easy, think got 73/75

I don't do maths no but I suppose our year were frightened by last year's paper so were able to take practical steps not to relive that experience! My friends (Year 13) found it to be a fab paper.
Original post by Strimpy

Original post by SteamboatMickey
I don't do maths no but I suppose our year were frightened by last year's paper so were able to take practical steps not to relive that experience! My friends (Year 13) found it to be a fab paper.

My lot found it really hard 😂

Original post by Steliata
My lot found it really hard 😂

ah, suppose it was unrealistic of me to hope that i was the only one who found it easy :biggrin: hopefully if at least some people found it hard might be able to get 100ums with 73
Ah come on its C1 the most trivial thing in the world.
Original post by Strimpy
ah, suppose it was unrealistic of me to hope that i was the only one who found it easy :biggrin: hopefully if at least some people found it hard might be able to get 100ums with 73

Well this was someone who forgot that x^-2 = 1/x^2! I think my maths class might have found it easier but I haven't had chance to ask them lol.
Does anyone have any tips for not letting social issues (I get anxious if people are in a bad mood with me and someone close to me is in a bad mood with me). I can't let a stupid argument get between me and my Cambridge offer (and I haven't done anything to apologise for so idk when this will sort itself out).
Reply 2687
Does anyone have any tips for not letting social issues (I get anxious if people are in a bad mood with me and someone close to me is in a bad mood with me). I can't let a stupid argument get between me and my Cambridge offer (and I haven't done anything to apologise for so idk when this will sort itself out).

*Sometimes* I apologise even when I know (or, more importantly, just think...) I'm in the right. It's often simpler and much less hassle to do so. Afterwards you can mentally note that (once again) you are the better person for doing so :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
*Sometimes* I apologise even when I know (or, more importantly, just think...) I'm in the right. It's often simpler and much less hassle to do so. Afterwards you can mentally note that (once again) you are the better person for doing so :smile:

It's not really like that they've been pushing me away since January and now mad at me I have other friends and will make more at university. I'm a bit anxious because I hate conflict, but I don't think I have done anything wrong and I don't know what I could even apologise for :redface: I otherwise completely agree with you though!

I'm just scared this social issue gets in the way of my exams and stuff :frown:
Reply 2689
It's not really like that they've been pushing me away since January and now mad at me I have other friends and will make more at university. I'm a bit anxious because I hate conflict, but I don't think I have done anything wrong and I don't know what I could even apologise for :redface: I otherwise completely agree with you though!

I'm just scared this social issue gets in the way of my exams and stuff :frown:

Oh I see! Well then the only answer is to straight up ask them why they are acting the way they are? Or perhaps see if any mates can give a clue?

Perhaps they are also stressed by the upcoming exams? Or jealous? Or... any number of things...
Well it turns out that doing less sport to focus on exams has backfired as I have gained weight and feel less confident and happy generally.

Back to the gym during study leave for me then lol 😅
anyone doing FP1 edexcel this Friday? Quite looking forward to it tbh
Well it turns out that doing less sport to focus on exams has backfired as I have gained weight and feel less confident and happy generally.

I have gotten so fat :yep: I feel uncomfortable but am planning for an dieting and exercise regimen over the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been using the gym as a way of keeping the stress in check, since I get really pissy when Im stressed.

Weirdly i find I do better in exams when I'm going to the gym regularly.

Ignore them. They will be irrelevant in a few months and chances are you wont see them very often, if at all.
I tend to get fairly anxious when people around me seem irritated/not good.
Did you start this 'stupid argument' as you put it?
Original post by Doonesbury
Completely agree. Teacher's marking of any new spec stuff is definitely prone to pessimism... :smile:

And that applies to both of you.

Trying to stay optimistic but when your teachers grass you up to your old tutor if you get less than 80% (which Ive only managed to exceed a few times all year) and then they start nagging it's taking the mick slightly to put it politely.

Anyone else starting to feel a bit like "it's no use trying for Cambridge anymore, I'm going to my insurance uni" or is that just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
Trying to stay optimistic but when your teachers grass you up to your old tutor if you get less than 80% (which Ive only managed to exceed a few times all year) and then they start nagging it's taking the mick slightly to put it politely.

Anyone else starting to feel a bit like "it's no use trying for Cambridge anymore, I'm going to my insurance uni" or is that just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really - Whilst I do have an insurance, my mindset is essentially "Cambridge or bust". I think about all the revision I did for my AS exams, then all the stress of my interview and admissions assessment, alongside all the planning and writing of my personal statement....and the reading of some difficult books in the summer for that personal statement.....etc etc

I can't let it slip now.......:s-smilie:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Inister
Not really. Whilst I do have an insurance, my mindset is essentially "Cambridge or bust". I think about all the revision I did for my AS exams, then all the stress of my interview and admissions assessment, alongside all the planning and writing of my personal statement....and the reading of some difficult books in the summer for that personal statement.....etc etc

I can't let it slip now.

I feel exactly the same. Not even thinking about the possibility of going to my insurance!
Hey all, only just found this thread. I have an offer for Physical NatSci from Corpus (**A including A* in FMaths). Does anyone know anything about how the rooms are graded for the accommodation application? The info on the form is a bit vague...
Original post by Inister
Not really - Whilst I do have an insurance, my mindset is essentially "Cambridge or bust". I think about all the revision I did for my AS exams, then all the stress of my interview and admissions assessment, alongside all the planning and writing of my personal statement....and the reading of some difficult books in the summer for that personal statement.....etc etc

I can't let it slip now.......:s-smilie:

I was so sure I was going to not let it slip on Monday and then it all went down the drain

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending