The Student Room Group

Virginity

Scroll to see replies

Nothing wrong with it at all, always best to wait to you found someone you are comfortable with
Why does everyone think being a virgin is a turn off?
Original post by Fermion.
Why does everyone think being a virgin is a turn off?

I don't think everyone does - but I know that some people do and I respect that. I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think everyone does - but I know that some people do and I respect that. I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it :smile:

Girls and guys like different things, some like experience and some aren't bothered by that. Just as long as you're happy with yourself, that's all that matters.
Hey guys,

21 y/o female here. I'm a virgin, have never really met someone I'm comfortable enough with, to have sex with, although I've been sexually intimate with a few guys.

I guess I'm just wondering this - If you were to meet a 21 y/o virgin, how would that make you feel? Is it a turn off?

I'm not necessarily waiting for marriage, but I seem to be waiting for something..

Your body, your choice. Seriously, if you worry about what people think,you really won't feel good for yourself.

And to answer your question, which I think you would have gathered by now (I'm a female btw - for context) I wouldn't care, it would make no difference to me if the 21y/o was a virgin or not.
Original post by cookiemonster15
Your body, your choice. Seriously, if you worry about what people think,you really won't feel good for yourself.

And to answer your question, which I think you would have gathered by now (I'm a female btw - for context) I wouldn't care, it would make no difference to me if the 21y/o was a virgin or not.

I think that's one of my biggest problems

Thanks for the post! :smile:
I think that's one of my biggest problems

Thanks for the post! :smile:

No problem, if it makes you feel any better, I live with two 19y/o guys who are virgins and tbh, it's never been that much of an issue and most people I've met won't find it an issue either.

If someone wants to mock you for being a virgin, then to be frank, they aren't mature at all - or someone who you'd want to spend your time with anyway. If you want to wait, then you damn well have the right to do so :smile:
I want to wai to lose my virginity until I meet someone that I could potentially see myself spending my life with. Not necessarily until marriage, and I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman who is proud or her sexuality and who likes sex but I personally want to wait. I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting, though I do admit I've also worried about it being a turn off for guys. Ultimately I think if you meet the one, it wouldn't matter to them. For me it feels right because it's something I can share with just that one person, but other people have other opinions and there's nothing wrong with any of them.
Also, some of these comments are so sexist it's unreal, they've got to be trolls.
Put it this way, the right one won't care, so take as long as you want :smile:
Neither a turn off nor a turn on really.
I think that's my problem, I really have no clue? As I've been in the situation with a few guys (although I've only had one boyfriend), but once it's getting really heated, my body's just like no?

Aww, thank you so much! :smile:

I would have to get to know you better to understand fully why that happens. Have you thought about going to therapy to gain a better understanding of yourself? I have been going to therapy for a few months and it has really helped me. :smile:
I'd quite like it knowing it was going to be a new experience for someone i cared about, encourages me to slow down and really think about someone else's pleasure.

(Also no pressure, "Does that happen to all men" "uh...oh yeah, totally." )
Reply 33
Wait until you're ready... that cannot be stressed enough.
I rushed into it when I was 15 with an older boy and I regret it so much.
When it's with the right person it'll feel special - and if they are the right person they won't care that ur a virgin... in fact lots of people find it a turn on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally, it wouldn't bother me. It would be a nice surprise if anything, as I've not been with a male virgin before.

I used to say to myself, it would be great to be with another virgin :tongue:

Awesome to hear!
Too many times I've heard girls say that they expect a guy to be fine with them being a virgin yet wouldn't be fine with the guy being a virgin.
It's refreshing to see someone with your outlook :smile:
Hey guys,

21 y/o female here. I'm a virgin, have never really met someone I'm comfortable enough with, to have sex with, although I've been sexually intimate with a few guys.

I guess I'm just wondering this - If you were to meet a 21 y/o virgin, how would that make you feel? Is it a turn off?

I'm not necessarily waiting for marriage, but I seem to be waiting for something..
I would want to find a way of making it into an experience you can enjoy. It's not a turn-off, though I'd be scared of hurting you (as I was in my last relationship).
Hey guys,

I'd rather have a long term relationship with a previous virgin than someone who's slept with over five guys
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Well, men are like keys and women are like locks...

If a key is 21 years old and hasn't been able to open any locks then it's a terrible key

However if a lock is 21 years old and hasn't been opened by any keys then it's a damn good lock!

Good thing we're not keys or locks. Hate this analogy.
Reply 38
Ive never heard anything so stupid in my life. Having alot of sex dosent make you a "bad lock" people just do what they want. It dosent matter
I think that its normal, but coming from another virgin, i can't really say much. I mean it wouldn't be a turn off for me at least, not trying to sound like anyone would be good enough for me, but when it comes to finding the right person, i would always want their personality to be nice and i would want to be able to relax around them first haha maybe i am just hoping for a fantasy, but who knows haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending