The Student Room Group

Lucozade foul taste

Help, my lucozade tastes really bad it doesnt taste normal at all i opened a fresh bottle

Scroll to see replies

meh
Throw it away then.
no but there must be some reason for it
To me, any kind of fizzy drink, beer etc all tastes foul :dontknow: may just be your tastebuds
Did you brush your teeth, use mouthwash or breath freshener in the past hour or so?
Original post by sadsadsadsad
Help, my lucozade tastes really bad it doesnt taste normal at all i opened a fresh bottle

Lucozade changed their recipe last month and cut the sugar content down by two thirds, people got very angry about it because it's always very popular among diabetics for bringing sugar levels up quickly, and because it apparently tastes awful now. Yours may have been from a batch with the new recipe.
thanks, that explains a lot oh yeah forgot to mention it was lucozade original
might as well try the orange one then
Drink it dont drink it. In fact tell customer services and get your money back.
https://www.lucozade.com/contact/
wont they think im crazy over £1 o.O
Original post by 999tigger
Drink it dont drink it. In fact tell customer services and get your money back.
https://www.lucozade.com/contact/
thanks, that explains a lot oh yeah forgot to mention it was lucozade original
might as well try the orange one then

They've reduced the sugar across the board, you'll have to hunt through for bottles specifically with the old sugar content.

This is assuming that's the issue, what does it say for the nutritional values on the bottle for sugar?
try the pink lemonade one, the other ones stink! throw dis shite away
wont they think im crazy over £1 o.O

Nope theyd most likely give you a £5 voucher. the point is just deal with it and get back to being ill or doing your exams.
11.3g of sugar on the 250m bit
salt 0.20g
Original post by 999tigger
Nope theyd most likely give you a £5 voucher. the point is just deal with it and get back to being ill or doing your exams.

actually i dont feel like revising anymore after drinking half the bottle mainly because its lucozade meaning you cant throw it away!
i feel like im gonna puke
11.3g of sugar on the 250m bit
salt 0.20g

Yeah you've got the new stuff, time to go hunting for the old recipe and stock up!

Whoa i did not know lucozade had 31g of sugar per 250ml that's insaneeeee
Original post by hezzlington
Whoa i did not know lucozade had 31g of sugar per 250ml that's insaneeeee

Glucose innit, that's the whole point.
And they expect people to not notice or....? :unsure: That seems like a pretty huge change.
Reply 19

Ingredients in orange Lucozade from a bottle dated best before June 2016: Carbonated Water, Glucose Fructose Syrup (21%), Orange Juice from Concentrate (5%), Acid (Citric Acid), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Stabiliser (Acacia Gum), Caffeine, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Flavourings, Colour (Beta Carotene).

Ingredients in orange Lucozade October 2017: Carbonated Water, Glucose Syrup (11%), Orange Juice from Concentrate (6%), Acid (Citric Acid), Acidity Regulator (Sodium Gluconate), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame-K), Stabiliser (Acacia Gum), Caffeine, Flavourings, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Colour (Beta Carotene) Contains a source of Phenylalanine

Quick Reply

Latest