The Student Room Group

AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017

Hey,
Is anyone else doing AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017?
:smile:
Exam dates:
19th May - Poetry and Drama
24th May - Prose
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am. Have you got any predictions?
Reply 2
My teacher is adamant You,Shiva and my Mum would make an appearance. But we can never be so sure :')
Reply 3
Original post by louisaah

No i haven't yet :smile:
Have you?
Reply 4

Ooo I don't have any predictions. We will have to see if it appears
Reply 5
Original post by funky23
My teacher is adamant You,Shiva and my Mum would make an appearance. But we can never be so sure :':wink:

Ahaha, i really hope its You Shiva and my Mom
Reply 6
Original post by Dilshi_3
Ahaha, i really hope its You Shiva and my Mom

I'm not a fan on that one tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I really hope it's a theme of relationships. I really haven't done much revision for this exam 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know if we get given copies of the poem book in the exam?
Yep, I'm pretty sure we get clean copies!
Do we have to add context in the poem one?
Original post by Beccajane2
I really hope it's a theme of relationships. I really haven't done much revision for this exam 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really haven't done much revision either tbh:3 pretty worried about lit really hope its an easy question
Original post by dogontoast
does anyone know if we get given copies of the poem book in the exam?

Our schools getting given a book with loads in and we have to find them amongst others which sounds annoying. I haven't seen this. Yeah you should get given clean copies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we have to add context in the poem one?

When I wrote a poem essay with context in my teacher told me not too as it's not marked. So I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilshi_3
I really haven't done much revision either tbh:3 pretty worried about lit really hope its an easy question

Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck anyone doing the exam today 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,
Is anyone else doing AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017?
:smile:
Exam dates:sss subejct
19th May - Poetry and Drabma
24th May - Prose

so much what
I LOBE ENGLISH
What a nice paper! The poetry was a lil dodge, I compared Inheritance and Genetics, but the Streetcar? A question on Stanley Kowalski? BEAUTIFUL. Let's just hope prose isn't awful now - anyone else doing Never Let Me Go/Frankenstein?
When I wrote a poem essay with context in my teacher told me not too as it's not marked. So I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure how it is for you guys, but when I did A Level English Lit with AQA, if your context helped enrich the analysis of whatever you were analysing, it was valid. It's just that you can't heavily over-rely on context; your main focus should be thoughts and feelings that the poet expresses. Though, as I said, if you can relate context to provide a different interpretation, or to further analyse a quote, that would be permissible.
Original post by CrazyTeaParties
What a nice paper! The poetry was a lil dodge, I compared Inheritance and Genetics, but the Streetcar? A question on Stanley Kowalski? BEAUTIFUL. Let's just hope prose isn't awful now - anyone else doing Never Let Me Go/Frankenstein?

Mmmm... I wasn't a massive fan. Could of been worse but could of been better

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending