The Student Room Group

RAF Current Affairs

Got my filter interview coming up and having trouble finding up to date information on current operations which the RAF is involved in.

The RAF Current Operations site seems outdated with pages for Iraq and Libya and so can someone give me a list of our current operations?

I've got information for NATO missions currently underway as well as Home Defence with QRA as well as a few others but I would like more obviously.

So yeah a list of current operations is all I really need, then i can research them myself. Thanks in advance
Original post by Pigg1337
Got my filter interview coming up and having trouble finding up to date information on current operations which the RAF is involved in.

The RAF Current Operations site seems outdated with pages for Iraq and Libya and so can someone give me a list of our current operations?

I've got information for NATO missions currently underway as well as Home Defence with QRA as well as a few others but I would like more obviously.

So yeah a list of current operations is all I really need, then i can research them myself. Thanks in advance

A simple google search found me these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Royal_Air_Force_operations

In regards to the RAF Current Operations website, my OC at the AFCO told me to look into recent operations too so it might be worth getting to know the Iraqi and Libyan operations.

Good luck for your interview.
Reply 2
Try buying the RAF paper available in some stores. I know my local tesco sells them. Check out main bases and their corrosponding detachments as well as overseas bases as the majority of them are supporting some form of EAW, especially RAF Akritori and 83 Expeditionary Air Group. Also check out the Baltic state policing regarding Romania and why it is significant. Just to give you some Idea The easiest to talk about would be fast Jet Stations and where they detach to such as RAF Lossiemouth, RAF Marham and RAF Coningsby. It would also be benificial to look at rotary detachments spearheaded by RAF Odiham and RAF Benson. Just to give you an Idea it is probably easier to ask where the RAF are not present.
Goodluck with your Filter interview.

Quick Reply

Latest