The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
I feel exactly the same. Not even thinking about the possibility of going to my insurance!

I think I'm just thinking as I normally do - always expecting the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2701
Original post by TheSimpZone
Hey all, only just found this thread. I have an offer for Physical NatSci from Corpus (**A including A* in FMaths). Does anyone know anything about how the rooms are graded for the accommodation application? The info on the form is a bit vague...

It will vary by college. Maybe ask in the Corpus thread...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=326745

Have you read:
http://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/undergraduates/current-students/accommodation/

I would assume that price bands vary by size of room, and whether or not it is ensuite, etc. The higher the rent the "better" the room...
Reply 2702
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I think I'm just thinking as I normally do - always expecting the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a very succesful strategy :wink: I imagine you didn't think you'd do well in your GCSEs, or AS-levels, or get a Cambridge Interview, or get an Offer... do you see where this is going?

:smile:

Please, please, please, give yourself a bit more credit. Don't think the worst, or the best, or anything much about the future. Just do a sensible amount of preparation and you will succeed. Again :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
Have you read:
http://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/undergraduates/current-students/accommodation/

I would assume that price bands vary by size of room, and whether or not it is ensuite, etc. The higher the rent the "better" the room...

I believe this is the case for Corpus, they don't use a flat-rate system like some other colleges. Generally size and ensuite / non-ensuite (and maybe location) are the criteria on which room rent bands are decided.

All of Corpus's undergrad accomodation is on site or adjacent to the main college site as far as I know.
Not a very succesful strategy :wink: I imagine you didn't think you'd do well in your GCSEs, or AS-levels, or get a Cambridge Interview, or get an Offer... do you see where this is going?

:smile:

Please, please, please, give yourself a bit more credit. Don't think the worst, or the best, or anything much about the future. Just do a sensible amount of preparation and you will succeed. Again :smile:

That's made me feel a bit better so thank you 😀 and yeah, I wasn't expecting good GCSE grades, or AS levels, or to get an interview and had pretty much convinced myself and all of my teachers I wasn't going to get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2705
That's made me feel a bit better so thank you 😀 and yeah, I wasn't expecting good GCSE grades, or AS levels, or to get an interview and had pretty much convinced myself and all of my teachers I wasn't going to get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hang in there. It will all be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hang in there. It will all be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hope so :smile:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Does anyone have any tips for not letting social issues (I get anxious if people are in a bad mood with me and someone close to me is in a bad mood with me). I can't let a stupid argument get between me and my Cambridge offer (and I haven't done anything to apologise for so idk when this will sort itself out).

I have a few units of advice for you good friend.
Original post by donnaseemchandra
I have a few units of advice for you good friend.

Oh no you're back :')
Anyone else feel like, academically, things are starting to come together? Just got my highest percentage of the year (88%) in chem :smile:

But why then do i feel like it still won't be enough??
Anyone else feel like, academically, things are starting to come together? Just got my highest percentage of the year (88%) in chem :smile:

But why then do i feel like it still won't be enough??

Yes, it's a good feeling :smile: congrats on the 88% by the way, glad you're feeling better about it all.

I think I've also made progress in terms of my mindset. For a while I was stuck in a bit of a rut. I was doing revision and plenty of it, but I was also convinced that unless I was working all the time I was potentially jeopardising my chances of meeting my offer. So I wouldn't give myself credit for the revision I have done, thinking that I was never doing enough for Cambridge.

Now, fast forward to today. I have an AS resit for Chinese this afternoon. My classmates are all in school this morning revising for it, I'm at home chilling and going over some vocab and grammar. At first I worried I wasn't trying hard enough, but I've come to realise that I've been working damn hard for this all year, way more than I did last year, and so I deserve to feel relaxed about it.

Applying this to my other exams... it seems this feeling of not doing enough is a bit misguided. I have been revising. I may not be revising 24/7 but I'm doing what I need to. I should give myself more credit for that instead of worrying all the time about it not being enough, and worrying about being overconfident for thinking I'm doing my best despite not working all the time. If anything I need to learn to deal with this now if I want to be able to get anything out of Cambridge next year.

So yeah, it's all getting there really. Exams are coming and I'm surprisingly not terrified, more relieved that the end is in sight! :smile:
Original post by Steliata
Yes, it's a good feeling :smile: congrats on the 88% by the way, glad you're feeling better about it all.

I think I've also made progress in terms of my mindset. For a while I was stuck in a bit of a rut. I was doing revision and plenty of it, but I was also convinced that unless I was working all the time I was potentially jeopardising my chances of meeting my offer. So I wouldn't give myself credit for the revision I have done, thinking that I was never doing enough for Cambridge.

Now, fast forward to today. I have an AS resit for Chinese this afternoon. My classmates are all in school this morning revising for it, I'm at home chilling and going over some vocab and grammar. At first I worried I wasn't trying hard enough, but I've come to realise that I've been working damn hard for this all year, way more than I did last year, and so I deserve to feel relaxed about it.

Applying this to my other exams... it seems this feeling of not doing enough is a bit misguided. I have been revising. I may not be revising 24/7 but I'm doing what I need to. I should give myself more credit for that instead of worrying all the time about it not being enough, and worrying about being overconfident for thinking I'm doing my best despite not working all the time. If anything I need to learn to deal with this now if I want to be able to get anything out of Cambridge next year.

So yeah, it's all getting there really. Exams are coming and I'm surprisingly not terrified, more relieved that the end is in sight! :smile:

Glad to hear you're getting there too - and you're right about the fact we've all been working really hard - we do need to chill out a little bit. I was the same as you - I was working too hard and burning myself out but it's not worth it - in fact, that will jeopardise us getting in. Good luck this afternoon, i know you'll smash it!
Glad to hear you're getting there too - and you're right about the fact we've all been working really hard - we do need to chill out a little bit. I was the same as you - I was working too hard and burning myself out but it's not worth it - in fact, that will jeopardise us getting in. Good luck this afternoon, i know you'll smash it!

That's the spirit! Thanks, if all else fails I have last years overall A to fall back on (I got a B in this exam but an A in my speaking) which takes the pressure off a bit. But I'm so much better at Chinese after an extra year, here's hoping all the hard work pays off 💪 good luck with your resits if you have any!
That's the spirit! Thanks, if all else fails I have last years overall A to fall back on (I got a B in this exam but an A in my speaking) which takes the pressure off a bit. But I'm so much better at Chinese after an extra year, here's hoping all the hard work pays off 💪 good luck with your resits if you have any!

That's really good to hear. Thanks - I don't have any resits though because 2/3 subjects are new courses so there's no point resitting and in my other subject, The A i got last summer combined with what i need to do to get my A* makes it not worth my while.

加油!:smile:
Original post by wolfmoon88

Are you a kappa? I sense a kappa
Original post by NeverLucky
Are you a kappa? I sense a kappa

Ironically, a friend of mine said my new haircut makes me look like a literal kappa :lol:

谢谢,考试还可以了 :smile:

Spoiler

谢谢,考试还可以了 :smile:

Spoiler

不客氣,很開心你今天考試很順利!接下來的考試要繼續加油喔!:smile:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Ironically, a friend of mine said my new haircut makes me look like a literal kappa :lol:

I see the resemblance. As the Greeks once said:

"Humans manipulate the world in which they live in. Kappas take the world and plant a massive pile of turtle faeces on the ground"

Latest

Trending

Trending