The Student Room Group

Can someone give me some advice on Gcse revision?

Hi,
I am am currently in the middle of my Gcse's.
Has anyone got any tips on remembering quotes, context and general information for English Lit as this year our exams are closed book exams!
Also , has anyone got any tips on revising history and maths? Math's I don't really know where to start as there is so much, and kind of the same with History . It just feels so overwhelming, especially with history, as there is so much content and i'm really not interested in it anymore and I'm so fed up of revising for History.
Original post by jenniferdance_
Hi,
Has anyone got any tips on remembering quotes, context and general information for English Lit as this year our exams are closed book exams!
Also , has anyone got any tips on revising history and maths? Math's I don't really know where to start as there is so much, and kind of the same with History . It just feels so overwhelming, especially with history, as there is so much content and i'm really not interested in it anymore and I'm so fed up of revising for History.

When I did English, I had a whiteboard to rewrite quotes out.

For maths just do past papers as it will highlight your weaknesses so you can focus on these.

In history is suggest ensuring you know the key dates for your era and then focus on the structure of your answers for the different types of questions :h:

Good luck!
Original post by brainzistheword
When I did English, I had a whiteboard to rewrite quotes out.

For maths just do past papers as it will highlight your weaknesses so you can focus on these.

In history is suggest ensuring you know the key dates for your era and then focus on the structure of your answers for the different types of questions :h:

Good luck!

Thankyou!!!
Hi,

I was in the same position for history. I was a consistent E student (I know:frown:) but I did flashcards and answered questions and it really worked, resulting in me getting two B's, and my final grade was a B.
Also you do not need to know all the dates just the important ones:smile:
read a bit before you go to bed, it helped me:smile:
Original post by adorable16
I was in the same position for history. I was a consistent E student (I know:frown:) but I did flashcards and answered questions and it really worked, resulting in me getting two B's, and my final grade was a B.
Also you do not need to know all the dates just the important ones:smile:
read a bit before you go to bed, it helped me:smile:

Thankyou for your advice! I know how you feel, I ended up getting an A in that lengthy 2 pieces of coursework, and In the mocks in november, I got a D and an E. In the recent mocks I got a B and C, so something must be working!

I just find it, especially as this year the english is closed book, that there is so many facts and figures needed for each subject in order to get marks. Gosh I hate the government!
Reply 5
Hi,

just answer past papers questions it will help quotes go in ur head, if you don't know quotes already then have a plan with several quotes you will use in essay.
Original post by amana123
just answer past papers questions it will help quotes go in ur head, if you don't know quotes already then have a plan with several quotes you will use in essay.

Thankyou xx
Thankyou for your advice! I know how you feel, I ended up getting an A in that lengthy 2 pieces of coursework, and In the mocks in november, I got a D and an E. In the recent mocks I got a B and C, so something must be working!

I just find it, especially as this year the english is closed book, that there is so many facts and figures needed for each subject in order to get marks. Gosh I hate the government!

you are welcome and I agree

Quick Reply

Latest