The Student Room Group

Can you do an apprenticeship after a degree?

My friend (studying a levels) has remarked how in every apprenticeship assessment day he has had so far, all of them have had significantly older degree level candidates.
I hear that completing the first year of uni (Level 4) makes you ineligible for an apprenticeship but I've discovered some MoD apprenticeships accept degrees.

Which got me wondering, can you complete an apprenticeship after a degree?
Original post by hamzaahmad786
My friend (studying a levels) has remarked how in every apprenticeship assessment day he has had so far, all of them have had significantly older degree level candidates.
I hear that completing the first year of uni (Level 4) makes you ineligible for an apprenticeship but I've discovered some MoD apprenticeships accept degrees.

Which got me wondering, can you complete an apprenticeship after a degree?

yes if you meet the criteria. there are level 6 apprenticeships and the max age think is 25. I have never heard of the level 4 rules, so maybe go and source it to verify.
Reply 2
It doesn't make you ineligible, it just means the company will have to pay your fees. MOD, for example will assume they're getting funding for 90% and have the rest of the money come out of a training pot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending