The Student Room Group

Spanish IGCSE Edexcel 2017 May 19th Official Thread

Any predictions for tomorrows reading or listening exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucyshawx
Any predictions for tomorrows reading or listening exam?

No clue but the listening and reading have been hard in the past 2 years... people are saying environment might come up for the writing... how are you revising cause i honestly have no clue...
Reply 2
Im having trouble with the last passage questions...should i just lift or use different words that convey the same meaning?
Reply 3
Original post by Kronixion
No clue but the listening and reading have been hard in the past 2 years... people are saying environment might come up for the writing... how are you revising cause i honestly have no clue...

Ive been doing some past papers but as you said the recent ones have been so difficult! I might try to learn as much of the vocab list as I can?
Reply 4
Original post by solark
Im having trouble with the last passage questions...should i just lift or use different words that convey the same meaning?

Same I find this so difficult as in the paper they said to use your own words but then in the mark scheme its mainly phrases lifted from the passage :/
Original post by lucyshawx
Same I find this so difficult as in the paper they said to use your own words but then in the mark scheme its mainly phrases lifted from the passage :/

I think in the past (like 2011) u had to use ur own words but I think we can lift now
Reply 6
I want to kill myself
Reply 7
Any useful phrases for the long essay? :wink:
Look over environment, sports, food, holidays.
Reply 9
I thought that the listening exam was reallyyy long but the reading one went alright!
Original post by solark
I thought that the listening exam was reallyyy long but the reading one went alright!

The reading and writing were easy. The last few questions on the listening were challenging, especially the one about the trip to London. I screwed that question up. Hopefully I can secure an A* on this.
Reply 11
Did they make the listening longer and the reading shorter?
Original post by solark
Did they make the listening longer and the reading shorter?

The listening was made longer and more challenging last year, as our mock exam was the 2016 paper and it was also 45 minutes. The reading and writing was the same length (90 minutes), but most people in our class only needed an hour for it.
how did you find the prompts for writing, which did you choose?
Original post by LlamaLlama1730
how did you find the prompts for writing, which did you choose?

I chose option B, which was about shopping, because I had a lot of good phrases and sentence structures to use for it.

The majority of my class did option C, and one special person did Option A and wrote way too much.
Original post by sivthasan
I chose option B, which was about shopping, because I had a lot of good phrases and sentence structures to use for it.

The majority of my class did option C, and one special person did Option A and wrote way too much.

I did B too hah, what was C on again - i just completely forgot
Original post by LlamaLlama1730
I did B too hah, what was C on again - i just completely forgot

It was about the cinema
Oh my that listening was pretty hard, but agree reading and writing has fine. I did environment for writing too since I had some good ideas and vocab for that, and I thought I could really make an answer stand out.

Will grade boundaries be as per this year?
(E.g 80/A*, 70/A etc)
Reply 18
I did B too! Last year A* was at 79, probably gonna be around 75-80 this year too
Reply 19
I was confused by the multiple choice. Was it:
false
false
true
true
false
?
For the question about whether the viewers recommend books for her videos, I said yes even though she doesn't use the recommendations for her actual videos. Is that right?

Quick Reply

Latest