The Student Room Group

constitutional law exam - uni

Need help- these are the topics that are going to be coming up on the exam. However im not sure how to write the essay. like not sure on how to answer them. Do I have to place in cases- its complicated :frown:
into to constitution
separation of powers-
human rights act 1998
rule of law
police powers
judicial review
(edited 6 years ago)
What the hell. How have you got to May and you don't know how to write an essay. Surely this was gone over in term one.

There's a book by Strong called "How to write Law Exams & Essays" better go and buy it quick and do nothing but practice before the exam
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
What the hell. How have you got to May and you don't know how to write an essay. Surely this was gone over in term one.

There's a book by Strong called "How to write Law Exams & Essays" better go and buy it quick and do nothing but practice before the exam

I know how to write an essay in that sense- but like don't really know how to answer the question if you know what I mean. the exam will be made of 4 questions which we have to answer 2, could be critically evaluate and explain or analyse or advisory
Original post by rani96
I know how to write an essay in that sense- but like don't really know how to answer the question if you know what I mean. the exam will be made of 4 questions which we have to answer 2, could be critically evaluate and explain or analyse or advisory

Its still puzzling how you seem unsure how to answer an essay question? Did you not do any essay subjects at A level?

Just get a dictionary and lk up what each of those words mean then apply it in the context of the essay question. If you have revised then it should be obvious how they apply.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Its still puzzling how you seem unsure how to answer an essay question? Did you not do any essay subjects at A level?

Just get a dictionary and lk up what each of those words mean then apply it in the context of the essay question. If you have revised then it should be obvious how they apply.

I know how to write an essay it was just Im panicking, going all over the place, sorry guys. thank you though :smile:

Has anyone gone through these topics?
Original post by rani96

Cases yes. Then do the cleo method even if its a Public law essay
how did your exam go bro
i've gone through human rights essays'.....and its the only one i know out of all of them...exams in 5 days

One essay question on each topic will come up anyway
(edited 5 years ago)
hey yeh my exams in 5 days too can you explain the format the questions and exam will be in please thanks
Original post by shujaat khan
hey yeh my exams in 5 days too can you explain the format the questions and exam will be in please thanks

Which uni do you go?

Quick Reply

Latest