The Student Room Group

Ccea 2017 c2

How did youse find the C2 paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fireblaze321
How did youse find the C2 paper

Horrible, left out about 30 questions and the rest were just guesses. How did you find it?
Reply 2
Worst exam i have ever sat let alone maths exam. The first question was the only one that was decent, the rest were the worst possible questions ccea could come up with
Original post by orb01
Worst exam i have ever sat let alone maths exam. The first question was the only one that was decent, the rest were the worst possible questions ccea could come up with

I honestly have never seen anything like those questions, I feel i could have done well in the c2 past papers but that was something else
Reply 4
Original post by ICantDoMaths99
I honestly have never seen anything like those questions, I feel i could have done well in the c2 past papers but that was something else

C1 was standard but C2 might aswell been a new specification, never seen that binomial layout before and that last question was impossible
Original post by orb01
C1 was standard but C2 might aswell been a new specification, never seen that binomial layout before and that last question was impossible
I feel even then the binomial question was one of the easier ones of the paper.
Reply 6
Original post by ICantDoMaths99
I feel even then the binomial question was one of the easier ones of the paper.

For the binomial did u expand up as far as x3 or expand up to x3 term like was the cut of x3 or did u get up as far as x6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Okdmd46
For the binomial did u expand up as far as x3 or expand up to x3 term like was the cut of x3 or did u get up as far as x6

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got up to x^6 i think but im not sure what is right how about yoy?
How were you meant to do the binomial? Do you use x - x^2 as the x term in the expansion? Or do you factorise for two different brackets, expand them with binomial then multiply them together at the end? Like wtf was that paper
i guessed most of those questions and left out a few..what was the answer for the second log question?
Original post by fireblaze321
i guessed most of those questions and left out a few..what was the answer for the second log question?

x=3 and x=-2 and then you had to cancel out the -2.
Think I got x=-2 and 3 but one was impossible
Original post by chemnerd4life
x=3 and x=-2 and then you had to cancel out the -2.

got that wrong
Original post by amilner855
How were you meant to do the binomial? Do you use x - x^2 as the x term in the expansion? Or do you factorise for two different brackets, expand them with binomial then multiply them together at the end? Like wtf was that paper

Treat x-x2 as one term

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone remember what they got for the last area question
Original post by Ihatemaths9

Didn't even know how to do it
i got like 1/36 for the second log question

i got like 70.2 but idek cause i did it weirdly and it seemed wrong