The Student Room Group

Feminism is NOT equality

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sakisaka
Threads like this are such a circlejerk, this is not a debate. Just a ton of people who already have preconceived feelings about feminists and ***** about them while up voting each others comments. You would think that people so heavily against feminism would be promoting male equality and help others identify issues resolved around men, but nope you would just rather ***** about feminists instead. Don't pretend that you care about equality.

u r just a hypocrite, the truth is we are meant to break down preconceived ideas before promoting new ones, therefore, exposure of what feminism really is is needed before the real truth can be advocated.
Reply 21
Original post by JordanSpratt
I would disagree.

Most feminists are not sexist and truly believe that men and women should be equal.

However, the problem with feminism is that the job is already done. Men and women have the same rights and are entirely equal in our modern society.

This can sometimes cause feminists to go overboard when looking for a way to rationalise their feminist identity.

I kind of agree, but there are still lots of sexist feminists out there and they must be exposed.
Original post by JimJam10
by definition, feminism is the promotion of women's rights. nothing wrong with that but that is ALL that feminism is, there's nothing about helping men to achieve equality, helping men get jobs etc.
also, you complain about the gender pay gap, rape etc, but the divorce legal system is STRONGLY sexist against men, feminism goes very quiet when that is brought up...

i agree that was it's definition at the start but it has now developed to be more inclusive and aims to make ALL genders equal

there is alot about achieving equality for men as well! all the feminists i know would completely agree with you on the legal sysem - dad's (in general) are snubbed in divorce battles. i also agree that some men can't get jobs, especially in traditionally 'female' roles. but that works for women also.

you see, most feminists recognise all genders face issues and try to work towards a level playingg field for all
u r just a hypocrite, the truth is we are meant to break down preconceived ideas before promoting new ones, therefore, exposure of what feminism really is is needed before the real truth can be advocated.

That's just an excuse. Feminism isn't even that socially accepted now, so doesn't that mean it's already 'Exposed'? (whatever that means). There is nothing stopping you from making threads about mens issues that are being ignored but you arent.

I'm a guy, and a feminist, and I'll admit that I haven't done anything major when it comes for advocating equal rights, but I still post and spread the word about both female AND male issues.
sexist, stupid and promotes man-hating, any other evidence to deny this from feminists?

It depends on the individual feminist. One being a feminist should imply that one strives for parity of the genders, however, it is not a necessary requirement for one to be a feminist, by definition. Some do not wish for parity, others do. The former, however, often embarrass themselves by being hysterical, overbearingly arrogant, and otherwise acting like an utter pillock.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by ithinkitslily
i agree that was it's definition at the start but it has now developed to be more inclusive and aims to make ALL genders equal

there is alot about achieving equality for men as well! all the feminists i know would completely agree with you on the legal sysem - dad's (in general) are snubbed in divorce battles. i also agree that some men can't get jobs, especially in traditionally 'female' roles. but that works for women also.

you see, most feminists recognise all genders face issues and try to work towards a level playingg field for all

how do you explain these...

https://potluckbloggers.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/prince-george.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/97/b5/10/97b51014c9405cfb61e25c210681e269.jpg
Reply 26
I wouldn't say that equality has fully been achieved but it has come a long way. Alot of modern day feminists also focus on achieving equal rights globally not just in their country

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know feminism is out of control when they cry like babies because the traffic light character that tells you when to cross is a man and not a woman. So to please the feminists in Australia they spent millions swapping out half the lights to female characters so it would be 50% men 50% women.

Again, it's just hysterical teenagers and young adults, of both genders, that are unable to control their own emotions, subsequently embarrassing themselves on the Internet, through fault of their own.
Reply 29
Original post by _gcx
Again, it's just hysterical teenagers and young adults, of both genders, that are unable to control their own emotions, subsequently embarrassing themselves on the Internet, through fault of their own.

any evidence to support your claim?
any evidence to support your claim?

I was commenting on the images.

Clutching at straws there, guess what theres crazy people regardless whether they are a feminist or not. If there was somebody pro-same sex marriage saying something radical like "Straight people shouldn't marry" you wouldn't then make the entire movement redundant.
Reply 32
Original post by Sakisaka
Clutching at straws there, guess what theres crazy people regardless whether they are a feminist or not. If there was somebody pro-same sex marriage saying something radical like "Straight people shouldn't marry" you wouldn't then make the entire movement redundant.

I don't understand your point, be clearer as it sounds interesting.
Reply 33
Original post by _gcx
I was commenting on the images.

if they're not feminists why are they mentioning FEMINISM?
Original post by jimjam10
sexist, stupid and promotes man-hating, any other evidence to deny this from feminists?

youre a massive annoying person, feminism is supreme we have infinite genders hwo dare you haet eon us supremeers omg i like canbt evne
if they're not feminists why are they mentioning FEMINISM?

What are you talking about?
Reply 36
Original post by idespisemaths
youre a massive annoying person, feminism is supreme we have infinite genders hwo dare you haet eon us supremeers omg i like canbt evne

u cannot speak properly, properly have an iq of 34 and there are TWO genders!!!
I think this guy is just a troll, kinda embarrassed that i replied twice without realising it.
Reply 38
Original post by _gcx
What are you talking about?

if feminism really is about equality, why is the word based on one gender?
if feminism really is about equality, why is the word based on one gender?

I'm lost, are you talking to me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending