The Student Room Group

Aqa Spanish Listening and Reading

Please tell me everyone found that difficult
Original post by GeorgeSweetman
Please tell me everyone found that difficult

That was so hard and everyone I've spoken to taking it thought it was awful
Hey, yes. I definitely agree this was a very hard exam, especially the listening This was also my first GCSE exam and I was thinking, oh God, this isn't a very good start at all. Listening was fast-spoken and vocabulary was challenging. Definitely much harder than past papers. Reading was absoultely fine though. (I'm aiming for an A*, I scraped an A* in my winter mock exams)
The listening was good and the reading was better. The decision making process for the listening was tougher
Last year the grade boundary for A* in listening was 31/40!!! :/

Hopefully it will be very low for us
I found the listening paper extremely hard!!!!! The reading paper was better but I'm aiming for an A* and I don't think I'm going to get it. I couldn't understand anything, can anyone predict how low the grade boundaries will be if everyone found it hard? Also, how much can coursework bring up your grade. I'm so upset with this exam 😔
Reply 6
What would you say is the lowest mark needed in the reading and listening papers for an A* overall, if you have A*s in all of your coursework?
Reply 7
Is this the igcse or gcse (legacy)
Original post by katab20
is this the igcse or gcse (legacy)

gcse aqa
Original post by MIKESPIKE10
I reckon the grade boundaries for a* will stay the same as last years or maybe change 1-2 marks.
2016 Boundaries for A*
U1 - 31/40 (listening)
U2 - 30/45 (reading)
U3 - 55/60 (speaking)
U4 - 56/60 (writing)

My Predictions:
U1 - 30/40
U2 - 33/45
U3 - 56/60
U4 - 56/60

Coursework can bring up your grade quite a bit but you still have to do well on the papers! Hope this helps

Thanks very much!
If my controlled assessment grade is at an A*, what would be my overall grade if i got 2 C's in today's reading and writing? I know you can't say for sure but is there any chance i could get an A? I know it depends on how high and low the grades are.
Original post by tanisha04
If my controlled assessment grade is at an A*, what would be my overall grade if i got 2 C's in today's reading and writing? I know you can't say for sure but is there any chance i could get an A? I know it depends on how high and low the grades are.
I think there is a chance, especially if you get a high C like a few marks off a B😊
Reply 12
Original post by tanisha04
If my controlled assessment grade is at an A*, what would be my overall grade if i got 2 C's in today's reading and writing? I know you can't say for sure but is there any chance i could get an A? I know it depends on how high and low the grades are.[/QUOT

Hehehe I feel the same way
Reply 13
unofficial mark scheme?? what did everyone get?
what were the answers for the what did the interviewer ask question
I thought the listening was nasty. It seemed they spoke quicker than in the past papers and the vocab wasn't kind either. There were 5 of us took the exam, and everyone said it was really hard. Thankfully the reading seemed fine.
Original post by Anony122334
what were the answers for the what did the interviewer ask question

I think one of them was "since when did you become homeless?". It's all such a blur.
Reply 17
Original post by sarah.mcm
That was so hard and everyone I've spoken to taking it thought it was awful

I agree I think the listening paper was not very good and now that I have gone through the unofficial mark scheme I can see that I have answered each question incorrectly.
Original post by B-122
I agree I think the listening paper was not very good and now that I have gone through the unofficial mark scheme I can see that I have answered each question incorrectly.

I agree, i'm probably lucky if i get 5 marks tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest