The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths FP1 UNOFFICIAL Mark Scheme 19th May 2017

Scroll to see replies

This thread is designed to discuss FP1, help and support each other. It is not designed for insulting, patronising, belittling and attempting some sort of one-upmanship on each other.

I have cleaned this thread up. Please stay on topic and resist the temptation to insult each other.
Reply 181
Original post by DMeadows1
You needed to realise the area could have been negative by going under the x-axis, hence area is -270 as well as 270

ye i got 27/2 which is wrong but -27/2 would've worked , thanks
Was overall fairly happy but I made a few dumb mistakes (why tf was there C2 ffs). Reckon I got around 65 which is a bit disappointing but oh well

Original post by 04MR17
x

thanks for the help yesterday bro, I reckon i got maybe 5 or so marks thanks to you!
does anyone remember the induction question?
What will the grade boundaries be?
Reply 185
Is there anyone know if I missed the answer a=-27/2 how many marks will I lose? Many thx
Can someone please explain why for 6b it wasn't 2.5. My thought process was 4p-10=0 so p=2.5? why is this wrong?
Original post by fx991esplus
What will the grade boundaries be?

Probably similar to last year.
Original post by 04MR17
@Redcoats, I have done questions separately if you want to order the OP.:wink:

I should be able to access the paper tomorrow, I've seen all the mark schemes so should be able to guess how the marks are structured once I've had a good luck.:smile:

Ahh please when you have it will you put up a mark scheme with reference to the original questions! I don't see how people can possibly memorise all this!
Original post by Yolo246
Can someone please explain why for 6b it wasn't 2.5. My thought process was 4p-10=0 so p=2.5? why is this wrong?

What was 6b again?
matrix question
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
anyone else leave the coordinates of D and area of the triangle in terms of a and q, if so how many marks lost?

Do you remember what you had it in terms of q?
Area= 5a^2(q^2 - 1) / 8q D (-a, aq-a/q)
Original post by rossscadding
Do you remember what you had it in terms of q?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
Area= 5a^2(q^2 - 1) / 8q D (-a, aq-a/q)

Yeah thats exactly what i put down
what actually was question 7? as far as [people can remember. because i know i didnt do part c but now im stressing that i just didnt do part a or b either
Just to let you all know that I have merged another thread with an identical title with this one. The other thread had posts from about 2 hours ago, so you might want to re-check previous posts to see if there's any new information which you might find helpful.
Reply 197
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Am i the only one who forgot the sum for 2 to the power of r-1 from c2 so manually wrote out all 12 terms :clap2:such mathematical elegance

haha yeah i did the same thing, examiners gonna be sitting there thinking were idiots
i got a=9/2 but i know i missed one more possible value of a, but i dont know how do you guys get a might also equals to -27/2?
Original post by hpg312
haha yeah i did the same thing, examiners gonna be sitting there thinking were idiots

Nah we`ll get the marks as its not explicit fp1 knowledge, its c2 and we got the final answer so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending