The Student Room Group

Edexcel Pe

What were the answers everyone put?

Scroll to see replies

What did you put for the antagonistic muscle pair?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prosenior
What did you put for the antagonistic muscle pair?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I put quadriceps and hamstrings
Original post by rachtgeup
I think I put quadriceps and hamstrings
Yep, i've ****ed up
Was quite an easy test, grade boundaries will probably be high
What did you put for the PED that a long distance cyclist would use?
Reply 6
Original post by Naturalist
What did you put for the PED that a long distance cyclist would use?

peptide horomones (epo)
Reply 7
Found it extremely easy, got 75/80 on the last mock so I'm confident!
Reply 8
6 markers answers ??
Original post by Zimlof
peptide horomones (epo)

I put stimulants as they help to keep you awake and alert for a long time, that's what we were taught.
Reply 10
I put stimulants as they help to keep you awake and alert for a long time, that's what we were taught.

Thats wrong unfortunately, Peptide hormones (specifically EPO) Increases the production of red blood cells in the body, therefore more oxygen is carried round the body to the muscles that require to allow you to work harder for longer!
Original post by Dusksbd
What were the answers everyone put?

Its quadriceps and hamstrings and the quads were the antagonist and the hamstrings were the agonists that contracted to cause movement.
Original post by mgilbey
Thats wrong unfortunately, Peptide hormones (specifically EPO) Increases the production of red blood cells in the body, therefore more oxygen is carried round the body to the muscles that require to allow you to work harder for longer!

I'm assuming you have the revision guide for it - check stimulants mate and under the alert section it says "distance cycling". It might say in the mark scheme it could accept one or the other?
What did everyone put as the two methods of training for the question towards the end?
Reply 14
Original post by mgilbey

that was my thought process. I put stimulants for 100m though, it makes them more alert so they can react to the gun at the start. But anabolic steroids seemed to fit the sprinter too. But those are my 2 cents
Original post by Zimlof
that was my thought process. I put stimulants for 100m though, it makes them more alert so they can react to the gun at the start. But anabolic steroids seemed to fit the sprinter too. But those are my 2 cents

I think the only answer for that would be Anabolic Steroids tbf.
Reply 16
I think the only answer for that would be Anabolic Steroids tbf.

well thats a mark gone...
Reply 17
Original post by yxng_emz
Its quadriceps and hamstrings and the quads were the antagonist and the hamstrings were the agonists that contracted to cause movement.

Surely the Quadriceps contract to lift the leg up?
Ive never heard of cyclists using stimulants but that might be correct, and I put cross training for the triathlete but can't seem to remember what I put for the basketballer
Reply 19
Original post by Zimlof

I put Anabolic steroids for the sprinter, but stimulants should be allowed i think...

Quick Reply

Latest