The Student Room Group

Homeschooled doing a levels ?

I've realised I don't like humans and I want to study at home. I hate going outside because I feel as though everyone is looking at me and I like being inside x

I'm considering becoming home schooled for a levels but I want to know if that maybe would affect my chances of getting into uni? Maybe they prefer if you actually went to a school!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emerald7770
I've realised I don't like humans and I want to study at home. I hate going outside because I feel as though everyone is looking at me and I like being inside x

I'm considering becoming home schooled for a levels but I want to know if that maybe would affect my chances of getting into uni? Maybe they prefer if you actually went to a school!!

If you don't like humans I have a feeling uni isn't for you...

Regardless. I don't think they see it any differently so long as you have the grades, the only setback will be that you will need to secure a reference yourself from somewhere. If one of your home tutors could manage that, it would be possible if you went through the UCAS process yourself.

I dont thnk it makes any difference at all. Grades , grades, grades.
Original post by SunlethSky
If you don't like humans I have a feeling uni isn't for you...

Regardless. I don't think they see it any differently so long as you have the grades, the only setback will be that you will need to secure a reference yourself from somewhere. If one of your home tutors could manage that, it would be possible if you went through the UCAS process yourself.

I'll be fine at UNI. Don't worry, my dislike for humans would have decreased by then!

Phew! That's great because I would love to go kings college and it's a top uni so I was sorta scared YAY
Original post by 999tigger
I dont thnk it makes any difference at all. Grades , grades, grades.

Alright alright I 'eard u da first tym!!! Thank you policetiger
I was homeschooled until I went to College so the other way round. Bear in mind the exams are extremely expensive as a private candidate but it didn't affect me getting into uni
I'll be fine at UNI. Don't worry, my dislike for humans would have decreased by then!

Phew! That's great because I would love to go kings college and it's a top uni so I was sorta scared YAY

You'd think, but...I hated them then, and I'm starting in September and still kiiinda do :rofl:

I applied for King's last year and idk if it's the same but I taught myself 2 of my A Levels, and they counted it - probably the same in your case! ^^
Original post by Jackieox
I was homeschooled until I went to College so the other way round. Bear in mind the exams are extremely expensive as a private candidate but it didn't affect me getting into uni

Omg how expensive!!
You'd think, but...I hated them then, and I'm starting in September and still kiiinda do :rofl:

I applied for King's last year and idk if it's the same but I taught myself 2 of my A Levels, and they counted it - probably the same in your case! ^^

Lol! Well I'll just have to live with it then. I can't sit too close to them or I'll die. I will legit die. Humans are toxic and lethal. Be careful, madam. My heart goes out to you and all the human loathers.

Omg yay! I don't think I can self teach myself but I'll be sure to be home skled
For the record, no one is looking at you, and even if someone does what does it matter? They'll forget within the next 30 seconds.
Soz guys I think I'll just go to a public skl this is all 2 much stress for meh thanks tho

Surely it's too early for this thread!
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Surely it's too early for this thread!

Wdym lol?
You sound like you have a problem with social anxiety. Being homeschooled will most likely make that worse tbh.

I homeschool a-levels. It requires a lot of dedication and hardwork ngl. But its good because you can work at your own pace and choose whatever subjects you want in whatever exam board without being restricted
Lol! Well I'll just have to live with it then. I can't sit too close to them or I'll die. I will legit die. Humans are toxic and lethal. Be careful, madam. My heart goes out to you and all the human loathers.

Omg yay! I don't think I can self teach myself but I'll be sure to be home skled

Been a good while since someone mistook me a lady, thank you :colondollar:
Hope you can take care with that then, some are okay but you gotta be careful :yep:

Well, all the better! Best of luck c:
Original post by BintM
I homeschool a-levels. It requires a lot of dedication and hardwork ngl. But its good because you can work at your own pace and choose whatever subjects you want in whatever exam board without being restricted

Oh no i changed my mind, ill probably fail that way! i cant stand hard work
Original post by studyingha
You sound like you have a problem with social anxiety. Being homeschooled will most likely make that worse tbh.

nah i dont think i have any anxiety but thnx u r still right
Been a good while since someone mistook me a lady, thank you :colondollar:
Hope you can take care with that then, some are okay but you gotta be careful :yep:

Well, all the better! Best of luck c:

Lol, why is that a good thing?

Thanks a lot but ive decided to just go to a public school. I have to face my fears! and man up!
Wdym lol?

You know exactly what I mean! :colone:

Or do you need to be schooled ?

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest