The Student Room Group

OCR Spanish Listening and Reading 2017

Thought this could be an area where we could all vent about our frustration at how ridiculous that listening exam was 👹
Reply 1
To be honest I didn't hate it nor like it. Some things seemed to be okay but some of the questions were needing a very very specific answer (listening). They seem to talk so quickly though, it is very hard to catch onto what they were saying. We as a school had issues with the track the exam board sent, it was completely messed up and stopped working. Our head of Spanish is having to write to OCR about the quality of the CD, which I'm not sure if it will affect our grades as it stopped midway through the 45 minutes. The difficulties lead the teachers running everywhere trying to get another CD as we were almost in the exam for 2 hours. The questions at the end of the reading paper which were in Spanish completely threw me.
Reply 2
that listening was very difficult
Reply 3
from start to fimish it was diificult. Even the first 2 questions threw me completely. What do you think the grade boundries are going to be like
About 17/40 for a B
About 21/40 for an A
About 25/40 for an A*

That was ridiculously hard paper
Original post by Itz Nurul
About 17/40 for a B
About 21/40 for an A
About 25/40 for an A*

That's insane xD The grade boundaries cannot be that low!

I am predicting A* to be 31
Reply 6
About 17/40 for a B
About 21/40 for an A
About 25/40 for an A*

if it is that low i will happily marry you. but sadly it cant be. I reckon it will be about 2-3 marks above what you think for each one. Still low but not insane
Original post by XxxvatxxX
That's insane xD The grade boundaries cannot be that low!

I am predicting A* to be 31

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it can't be

Everyone is saying it was the hardest paper by far and i agree so surely that would mean it would be lower than the current lowest grade boundaries (2015: 27A* 23A 19B)

The grade boundaries are set by the government based on how difficult students find the paper because every year they need the same percentage of people to be getting an A* or an A or a B.
So if everyone finds it easy the grade boundaries will be high
But if everyone finds it hard the grade boundaries will be low
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it can't be

Everyone is saying it was the hardest paper by far and i agree so surely that would mean it would be lower than the current lowest grade boundaries (2015: 27A* 23A 19B)

The grade boundaries are set by the government based on how difficult students find the paper because every year they need the same percentage of people to be getting an A* or an A or a B.
So if everyone finds it easy the grade boundaries will be high
But if everyone finds it hard the grade boundaries will be low

Honestly, I found Q4 of the Flamenco dancing the only difficult thing in both papers xD I don't know what was so difficult? Was it too fast or?
Honestly, I found Q4 of the Flamenco dancing the only difficult thing in both papers xD I don't know what was so difficult? Was it too fast or?

The whole paper was hard for me and most people in my school
Even the first question i am worried about lol

You are really fortunate then haha, most likely getting an A*
The whole paper was hard for me and most people in my school
Even the first question i am worried about lol

You are really fortunate then haha, most likely getting an A*

Nah don't worry about it. It;s just I haven't talked to many people after the test so have no clue how the others found it. If everyone here is saying it was hard then they will most likely be that way!

what was the flamenco dancing question? i do not recollect there being a question on this - what board are you talking about???
Original post by washington_1
what was the flamenco dancing question? i do not recollect there being a question on this - what board are you talking about???

GCSE Edexcel Spanish
GCSE Edexcel Spanish

that is why u didnt find it hard, this thread is aimed at OCR !!!
Original post by washington_1
that is why u didnt find it hard, this thread is aimed at OCR !!!

Omg oopsies! My bad!
i was going to say. I thought that i had ****ed up real bad as i had literally 0 recollection of flamencos...
Original post by Joel4444
i was going to say. I thought that i had ****ed up real bad as i had literally 0 recollection of flamencos...

Yeah same 😂😂
does anyone have any idea what the answers were for the listening bc I ***** up realllllly baad like does anyone remember anything JUALs hotel or why the castle was special or some ****
Original post by lmaooome
does anyone have any idea what the answers were for the listening bc I ***** up realllllly baad like does anyone remember anything JUALs hotel or why the castle was special or some ****

all i remember is the first question was something about the past? and then old people i think

and then half way through there was some tick boxes i put isolated place, hot weather, waste

and then towards the end about the hotel i put the interruption was a fire alarm
all i remember is the first question was something about the past? and then old people i think

and then half way through there was some tick boxes i put isolated place, hot weather, waste

and then towards the end about the hotel i put the interruption was a fire alarm

omgggg I did similar things to you but for the interruption I said there was a bee in the salad bc I heard something something Abeja ensalada

Quick Reply

Latest