The Student Room Group

hit a car in the work car park

I pulled into the last space in the corner which is really tight and my left side was too close to the next car, so i reversed to straighten up but I hit the wing mirror of the other car and it bent right back. I absolutely **** myself. I got out and was so scared it would fall off or be cracked but I managed to push it back into its place. No one else knows as far as I'm aware. There's no marks on our cars or anything. Should I just forget about it?
You better hope there's no cctv haha.

If you managed to put it back in place, is it actually broken?
If it's not broken, just forget about it - no harm is done.

If it is broken and you left it like that, imagine if someone did it to your car, how would you feel? Leave a note on the windscreen apologising and offering to pay for the damage (it saves him claiming and affecting your insurance).
Reply 2
Original post by SleepingLion3
You better hope there's no cctv haha.

If you managed to put it back in place, is it actually broken?
If it's not broken, just forget about it - no harm is done.

If it is broken and you left it like that, imagine if someone did it to your car, how would you feel? Leave a note on the windscreen apologising and offering to pay for the damage (it saves him claiming and affecting your insurance).

It bent backwards out of place, didn't break though. Like I pushed it forward and put it back in the right position and it seems it was fine. The guy whose car it was left work at the same time as me and he went and sat in his car besides me. It was awkward bc we smiled ar each other lol, never met him before so weird that we left at the same time today. If it falls off he'll know it was me now.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It bent backwards out of place, didn't break though. Like I pushed it forward and put it back in the right position and it seems it was fine. The guy whose car it was left work at the same time as me and he went and sat in his car besides me. It was awkward bc we smiled ar each other lol, never met him before so weird that we left at the same time today. If it falls off he'll know it was me now.

Every car I know has a movable left mirror where if you knock it BACK with enough force it folds back (mine does). It seems this is what you did. It's for parking in hard spots or if you don't want your mirror knocked off from someone driving past if you're parking on the right of a road with oncoming traffic... You are good it might have a few scratches though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Xopher_
Every car I know has a movable left mirror where if you knock it BACK with enough force it folds back (mine does). It seems this is what you did. It's for parking in hard spots or if you don't want your mirror knocked off from someone driving past if you're parking on the right of a road with oncoming traffic... You are good it might have a few scratches though.

Thanks for that, I've never seen anyone fold their mirrors backwards, only forwards. Mine are automatic. I didn't reverse very fast so yeah it just folded back but thank god it wasn't a bigger problem than that.
If there's no damage then there's no problem really.
you should be OK if the glass is not damaged & it popped back to its normal position.

Quick Reply

Latest