The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the OCR unit 2 geography exam a level

2017 human environments
Original post by pippagb
2017 human environments

I found it quite hard tbh, especially the first 3 questions in urban and the energy essay :/ which questions did you do ?
Reply 2
Original post by jblogs_8265
I found it quite hard tbh, especially the first 3 questions in urban and the energy essay :/ which questions did you do ?

i did the urban questions and energy essay as well and i completely agree with you the first three in the urban weren't very nice.
i thought the energy essay was harsh as that sort of question had never come up before in the past papers. I wrote about changes in technology, different levels of economic development and changes in demand and awareness of renewables etc. what about you???
Original post by pippagb
i did the urban questions and energy essay as well and i completely agree with you the first three in the urban weren't very nice.
i thought the energy essay was harsh as that sort of question had never come up before in the past papers. I wrote about changes in technology, different levels of economic development and changes in demand and awareness of renewables etc. what about you???

Yeh I was so surprised by that essay question! Tbh I should of chosen the tourism essay .. ahh regrets !
yeh I talked about economic stability, availability of resources and environmental awareness ! I kept on getting so confused though, I was pretty much just talking about the energy mix of different countries and the factors that affect them but nts if thats the same as energy supply. Also found it really hard to talk about variation over both time and space! do you remember if it said 'global pattern' or just 'pattern' ?
Reply 4
Yeh I was so surprised by that essay question! Tbh I should of chosen the tourism essay .. ahh regrets !
yeh I talked about economic stability, availability of resources and environmental awareness ! I kept on getting so confused though, I was pretty much just talking about the energy mix of different countries and the factors that affect them but nts if thats the same as energy supply. Also found it really hard to talk about variation over both time and space! do you remember if it said 'global pattern' or just 'pattern' ?

i think it said just pattern....
'describe and explain the the factors affecting the variations in the pattern of energy supply, through time and space'
i think although now you say it i'm not entirely sure.
Original post by pippagb
i think it said just pattern....
'describe and explain the the factors affecting the variations in the pattern of energy supply, through time and space'
i think although now you say it i'm not entirely sure.

Yeh im pretty sure it was just pattern ! ah I'm stressing myself out now haha over thinking everything I wrote ! how did you find physical on tuesday?
Reply 6
Yeh im pretty sure it was just pattern ! ah I'm stressing myself out now haha over thinking everything I wrote ! how did you find physical on tuesday?

I know so am I now!
And not nice at all either the river nine marker wasn't nice
You?
Original post by pippagb
I know so am I now!
And not nice at all either the river nine marker wasn't nice
You?

haha sorry I've made you doubt what the question was now . I found it better than human for sure but omgg that nine marker what the hell! We never got taught that
Reply 8
haha sorry I've made you doubt what the question was now . I found it better than human for sure but omg that nine marker what the hell! We never got taught that

I knew what it was on about but only for like 1 mark I had no idea how to make nine marks!
Original post by pippagb
I knew what it was on about but only for like 1 mark I had no idea how to make nine marks!

honestly same! I'm pretty sure everyone would of struggled with that one, such a weird topic for a 9 marker! and same for the flora 9 marker in the physical paper!! it's like they're putting all the what used to be 6 mark questions as 9 markers , so meannn
Reply 10
honestly same! I'm pretty sure everyone would of struggled with that one, such a weird topic for a 9 marker! and same for the flora 9 marker in the physical paper!! it's like they're putting all the what used to be 6 mark questions as 9 markers , so meannn

Exactly I feel the same it was horrible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending