The Student Room Group

Mental Health in Today's Society- Best Blog Yet!

Before I begin I want to say : Stay happy, Stay blessed and Keep grinding people of the universe!

So I'm going to be creating a website on health issues and address the issues we face in today's society in the westernised world. One in four people across the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at any point in their life. And nearly two thirds of people with mental disorder never seek help. Personally, I know many people who are suffering from depression. Over 350 million people suffer from depression accounting for 5% of the worlds population and I wish to address this concern in any way, shape or form. And if this website can serve to help one person then I have served my purpose.

Currently I am in the final stages of publicly displaying my website. I decided to use site123 which can be found by the link https://www.site123.com. I chose this website builder instead of weebly or unlimitedwebhosting and many other competitors. Site123.com serves to provide the best source to creating my website. This is because of its step-by-step organised and effective process of constructing the site which also aided me to obtain full marks A* in my coursework during GCSEs. Being an A level student (A2), a cost-free service is always great as this helps in my student savings! In addition its customer service live support team is available 24/7 providing support whenever I raise any questions.

Coding is provided by the website which will not be any issue as I set up this website.
To obtain the maximum potential from this site I hope to create a ‘#Letstalk’ page which will allow people to anonymously leave their concerns, enabling me to directly address their concerns in blogs or in responses aimed at individuals. This feature will enable me to focus on my audience directly whilst topic blogs, e.g. Anxiety, depression, eating disorder etc. will address issues anyhow :smile: . If I face any problems I will let you know in future posts on the forum.

In an in-depth plan, I have chosen my purpose, target audience and topics which I will relate to. To do this I focused on questions like: what will my online presence consist of? Why do I specifically aim at this audience? How will I ensure my point is delivered to its full in blogs? And how can the presence of social media platforms play a influence on my audience?

Lastly, I have considered social networking to interconnect my website to social media as this is the heart of young people communications enabling me to reach a greater audience. Whilst also a Gmail account will provide 1 to 1 conversation instead if a person decides they wish to use this service instead.

I will consistently post and keep all of you updated in development and progression of this website. I hope to post what I have done each day in construction of my website, any issues I have come across and how I have overcome this. Let me know any questions you may have, I am more than happy to answer any!

Ps. Logo and slogan is coming soon- look out for it! I am truly passionate about mental health issues and I cannot wait for what the future holds as we embark on this journey to making a change in the world.

Remember guys stay happy, stay blessed and keep grinding people of the universe because you are simply the best! :smile::smile:
~MBash~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mental Health In Today's Society- Best Blog Yet!

Glossary:

Here is a list of things I have completed/yet to complete through my Journey of planning, designing, building and running my website. :badger::beer::bumps::danceboy::kungfu:

The glossary is hyperlinked which lead you to the specific blogs I have completed. :cyber: Each blogs has motivation quotes- Be sure to check them out! :tsr:. I decided to add a glossary which seems pretty unique to the blog posts here on web legend but also it will help out new comers to read the blogs easily :smile: :date:

Key:
Green- Completed- Mission Accomplished
Yellow- In progress- Hold your horses
Red- Not Yet- Error 639

1. Website Introduction -MA
2. Plan Update -MA
3: Design Plan Update -MA
4: Logo and Slogan -MA
5: Plan MindMap-MA
6: Further Update Follow Up Blog -MA
Reply post: Logo and We-MA b Design Problems and Overcoming It -MA
7: Decision time: About Section-MA
8: Spider Diagram Web Plan-MA
9: Screenshot ‘About’ Section-MA
10: Website Homepage (and Plan) -MA
11: Email + Privacy and T&C -MA
12: The Do’s of Website Creating -MA
Asking Your opinions- TSR post -MA
13: What problem have I faced? -MA
14: Decision to resolve problem faced post and Don’ts of website creating -MA
15: Excellent resources I use to help build my website -MA
Motivation post for everyone -MA
16: TSR Post and Youth Centre Planning -MA
17: Local Youth Centre Visit: Primary Research -MA
18: Youth Centre Follow Up and Pictures -MA
More Youth centre primary research pictures: -MA
19: Evaluation and Data Presentation of Youth Centre Visit -MA
20: Clear image of YCV, Mini Checklist for Website -MA
Mini Blog Plan Daily Update -MA
21: Incredible ways to market a NGO today -MA
22: Don’t Delay, Target your Audience Today -MA
23: What makes the Ultimate Website? -MA
24: Upcoming Website articles-MA
25: Tags and Cookies -MA
26: Mini Screenshots Blog -MA
27: Social Media -MA
28: Facebook Issues and Screenshots -MA
Twitter Screenshot Attachments -MA
29: Keywords and SEO - for Best Keywords with Screenshots -MA
30: Plugins: Google Analytics and Google Tag Assistant -MA
31: Charity domain- Website Problem -MA
32: Website Online Chat problem Update -MA
33: My experiences Blog Series. Part 1 of 3 -MA
34: Domain and Hosting Packages -MA
35: Favicon and Social Images -MA
35: Upcoming Website Blogs and LetsTalk Update -MA
36: Lets Talk Chat & Bad promotions! -MA
37: Helplines -MA
38: My plan vs. Website: How well are we REALLY doing? -MA
39: Languages and Sitemap Indexing -MA
40: FAQ and Gallery Plan -MA
41: My experiences Blog series. Part 2 of 3 -MA
42: FAQ and Quote Gallery with Screenshots -MA
Quote Gallery Screenshots -MA
Further Gallery Mini Blog addition -MA
43: Perfect Password & Exciting Events Page Launch -MA
44: National Days Update Blog - MA
45: Bing Tools, Events & Facebook Combo. Blog -MA
46: Unattached Images Follow Up Post -MA
47: Youtube Videos Blog -MA
48: Website Creating: What to Know -MA
49: Advice/ Inspirational Videos- Mind and Time to Talk -MA
50: Designing and Developing Shine Bright Spider Diagram MindMap -MA
51: Designing and Developing Shine Bright- Video -MA
52: Feedback Pop-Up -MA
53: Evaluation and Review Day - MA
54: My experiences Blog series. Part 3 of 3 - MA

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

All Completed! Mission Accomplished!

:party::party:

:beer::crossedf::wavey:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stay happy, Stay blessed and Keep Grinding people of the universe!

Welcome back guys, throughout today since I last posted I have been working to construct my title, logo and slogan. I believe when constructing a title and slogan this needs to ultimately catch the attention of the viewer to enable them to be drawn into the website.

When constructing my title and slogan I will refer to my written plan which sets the target audience and purpose. This will enable me to create a title and slogan which will attract my audience. I am thrilled to be creating a website, hopefully not too long from now my title and slogan should be ready to go guys!
As soon as I have completed this I will update you with screenshots on how everything is looking so far.

In future posts, I will talk about the significance of high rankings in search results to achieve traffic to my website. And how I plan to use either SEO or PPC for my website. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Remember guys stay happy, stay blessed and keep grinding people of the universe because you are simply the best!
~MBash~ 😊
Reply 2

Welcome back guys. So today I have down the following:
1. Completed my Logo and Slogan for my proposed website-
I will attach the logo and slogan design below, please critic and let me know on any adjustments I can make on this design. Any feedback is appreciated.
The Title I have chosen is 'Shine Bright' and my slogan is 'Together we can shine through Mental Health'. I have chosen this as this will engage the audience whilst also providing a optimistic approach to mental health.
2. I have also started planning a design for my website-
This will provide a foundation for the final design for my product which I hope to fully set up. I will also send the screenshots once I have completed the design.
3. I have began planning blogs for my website-
I have prioritised the blogs which I will create and also when I plan to upload blogs.

Remember guys stay happy, stay blessed and keep grinding people of the universe because you are simply the best!
~MBash~ 😊
Reply 3
Here is my Logo:
Reply 4
Here is the full completed product
Logo and Slogan:
Reply 5

Hey guys! Welcome back, so today I have been working on my website plan since the morning by creating a short plan on the focus of my website. Atrachment below should show this:
Reply 6
image.jpg
Reply 7
Using this plan I will now create the website plan which will compose of the design of the website and what I will include in what position on the website.

So far I have not been faced by any problems, as this is only the design/plan but once I start designing the website online, I may face issues- but I will keep you updated.

As an A2 A level student, I am currently in exam season, so it is difficult to update the blog each day regularly; I hope to continue to do so by rescheduling and fitting in this through my timetable throughout the day to keep all of you updated :smile:

Remember guys stay happy, stay blessed and keep grinding people of the universe because you are simply the best! ~MBash~ 😊
Reply 8
Original post by MBash
Here is the full completed product
Logo and Slogan:

Hey!
This looks really good. Loving the positivity! :rock:

Did you try any other designs or was this what you had in your head the entire time??

On your website will this be a full banner across the top or a small logo at the side?

sorry for the list of q's. Youve got me intrigued now lol!!!
Reply 9
Original post by donte
Hey!
This looks really good. Loving the positivity! :rock:

Did you try any other designs or was this what you had in your head the entire time??

On your website will this be a full banner across the top or a small logo at the side?

sorry for the list of q's. Youve got me intrigued now lol!!!

Hey! I'm so glad you've replied :smile:
Ahhh thanks! I just hope its not too cringy lol :colondollar: I love spreading positivity so hey.

I had Unify, Rise and Shine Bright. The message I was trying portray was we can rise above mental health and come out stronger by shining through mental health. Whilst Unify was more the fact we are ONE and together we are something big and we can fight against mental health issues.
However Unify was already taken by another website- so search results potentially would've been lower for someone starting out a website. And I liked the concept of Shine Bright as its more easier to grasp the image.

I did visit the site today actually and placed the logo to see how it would look. However using it as a full banner stretches the image out which doesn't look as good quality wise. Although the site does offer high quality images which I will be using whilst using this as a small logo in the centre may make it look more professional - (I assume o.O)

P.s. Sorry for the essay!! lol just realised this could be a potential future blog idea haha- something along the lines 'what were the problems I faced choosing my logo and web design and overcoming it :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10

Hey guys, today I don't feel well :frown: so I will try my best to upload my blog to keep on track. Hope you enjoy your day.

Remember guys stay happy, stay blessed and keep grinding people of the universe because you are simply the
Reply 11

Today, I have finished doing the website mind map plan that I had started yesterday which is attached below.

I also finished creating the about section on my website. I would say the difficulty I faced creating the about section was to either target the audience directly or not. I decided to focus this on the audience in 1st person so I am able to engage the reader, as majority traffic to my page is likely to be people affected by mental health. Screenshots are shown below.

~MBash~ 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
image.jpg

Website plan
Reply 13
About section.png

About Section on Proposed Website
Reply 14

Hey guys, I feel much better than yesterday! A 2L bottle of water and some hot spicy food should do the trick! Good on ya immune system! :tongue: The weather looks fantastic too, great for some cycling just to put it out there!

Sorry for waffling on! Ok so today I have been working on my home page using the original plan to create the page. I want to create a page that is bright, lively and welcoming as I am targeting 13-17 year olds. Once I've made the homepage which shouldn't be too long, I will show this to my cousins aged 13, 14, 15 and 17 to gain their insights whether they like or dislike the website- they can be my little focus group

Also I hope to create a poll on TSR and a post on TSR to gain a wider outlook on other people's opinion and what I can do to adjust the page if I need to. Here is a screenshot of the logo in action and the menu of the page:

image.jpeg

Remember guys stay happy, stay blessed and keep grinding people of the universe because you are simply the best! ~MBash~ 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
image.jpeg

Hey. It looking pretty sweet. I'm just thinking that maybe you should put a frame round the logo to make it stand out more off the banner.

Id say try and get the banner the same colour, but i know from experience of trying to match up colours that that is going to be an absolute nightmare lol!! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by donte
image.jpeg

Hey. It looking pretty sweet. I'm just thinking that maybe you should put a frame round the logo to make it stand out more off the banner.

Id say try and get the banner the same colour, but i know from experience of trying to match up colours that that is going to be an absolute nightmare lol!! :smile:

Hey thanks. I bordered the logo and it looks much better. The colour matching was the worst. Changing the colour of the banner, changes the entire colour scheme of the entire website, which is a downside. Although I did find a colour that would match that would compromise and look good.
Reply 17
Today has been the least productive day since I've started constructing my website. I have not done much today as the attack in Manchester has been on my mind all day. An Arena filled with some much atmosphere, joy and life of young people and children, marking the best day of some people's life whilst for some being their first ever concert. Until a cold-hearted person decided to snatch the life of at least 22 people, many the same age as me. Simply goes to show how close terrorism is to home and it is not simply something we see on headlines no more. My heart goes out to all families affected #PrayforManchester.

Life is so so short, reach for your dreams. Don't let anyone/anything limit you and live each day as its your last- Be content what you have done each day before your head hits the pillow and forgive and forget the small things. Here is a picture of heros: its true to say not all heros wear caps:

Attachment not found
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18

Welcome back Guys!
So today I have been working on creating a email to enable my audience to connect and send their issues and concerns. The screenshot shows the email. Quite colourful!

Email:
[email protected]

email.png

I have also created a post on the student room about my website to get a wider response about the site and what I can do to improve it. I think the best thing about student room is we have a great audience of students and great proportion is in the age range I am targeting at. However the difficult aspect of this is the number of responses I will receive back, which is likely to be low/insufficient. Taking this into account, therefore to enable me to get a greater response on how well the website is looking visually and how easy is it to navigate through the website I will post my website on social media to promote my site and gain a greater response. However, the website has not fully developed as there is no content, but I want to use the people views to gain a wider understanding of the proposed site and how consumers feel about it, prompting me to improve my website as this is my first draft of the website I have made.

BunkerBoy1 talks about the importance of privacy and its use. Reviewing my page, I was not satisfied with the terms & conditions and privacy provided. Therefore I decided to create a policy and T&C plan for future monetizing, if I decide I want to monetize my website. However currently, I have decided not to monetize my website as I want this site solely to be a platform for youngsters rather than a profit-making site for me, which is appropriate since my site is informative, support-providing site rather than a business.

Post on TSR:

WEBSITE PLAN.png

~MBash~ 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Important Links:

Email:
[email protected]

Post on TSR: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4737148

Shine Bright WEBSITE:
mental-health-blog-and-forum.site123.me

Quick Reply

Latest