The Student Room Group

AQA Spanish GCSE 2017 Unofficial Markscheme?

Scroll to see replies

i remember the question being Cuando estas sin techo? what does that mean - on the listening paper btw
Original post by Westsidegirl
i remember the question being Cuando estas sin techo? what does that mean - on the listening paper btw

something along the lines of when/how long were you homeless
I thought it was along the lines of ¿Desde cuándo estás sin techo?

Initially I put how long have you been homeless, but I think it was actually since when, so I changed it.
Original post by Citizenofpanem
I thought it was along the lines of ¿Desde cuándo estás sin techo?

Initially I put how long have you been homeless, but I think it was actually since when, so I changed it.

I can't remember which one I put. Aren't they basically the same thing?
Original post by urgurlbecca
I can't remember which one I put. Aren't they basically the same thing?

i think they are basically the same. but sometimes aqa is really picky :frown:
Original post by Coolcamel654
i think they are basically the same. but sometimes aqa is really picky :frown:

Yeah AQA can be really pedantic. They're similar but they'd elicit different answers:

How long? 9 months
Since when? Last June

That said, it's not certain I heard correctly anyway. ;-)
so i you said when were you homeless would that be wrong
It really depends what the correct wording they used was. Also, if it is deemed a hard paper, perhaps they will lay off on the nitpicking a little more? Who knows tbh. AQA are a law to themselves.

@westsidegirl I'd say if you got cuándo - when, you're probably ok.
(edited 6 years ago)
To be honest i feel like i have about 8 marks in that whole listening paper! That isnt even a grade
I did alright in my controlled assessment so its gonna bring my mark down completely
Original post by RomanaChowdhury
did anyone else find the listening impossible? :frown:

it was so much harder than i expected! i found the reading much easier
Original post by Coolcamel654
something along the lines of when/how long were you homeless

lmao i had no idea what sin techo meant so i guessed and put how long ago were you attacked? for the second one i guessed again and put how many people in your area experience hate crime? lol the examiners r gunna be laffing at me :frown: the listening was hell.
Original post by Westsidegirl
To be honest i feel like i have about 8 marks in that whole listening paper! That isnt even a grade

same i am depending on my coursework to save my spanish gcse. the listening is 20% which can bring it a whole grade down.
For the tener structure question:
1) Tener lugar - It took place somewhere
2) Tener miedo - She was afraid of her boss because he was aggressive.
3) Tener sueno - This means to be sleepy, she was saying that she went to bed early because she was sleepy.
4) Tener ganas - This means to want to, she wants to work in England because it will be exciting.
Original post by tanisha04
same i am depending on my coursework to save my spanish gcse. the listening is 20% which can bring it a whole grade down.

i think mine is gonna bring my grade down by more than one if i am honest.
Original post by gracesravya23
For the tener structure question:
1) Tener lugar - It took place somewhere
2) Tener miedo - She was afraid of her boss because he was aggressive.
3) Tener sueno - This means to be sleepy, she was saying that she went to bed early because she was sleepy.
4) Tener ganas - This means to want to, she wants to work in England because it will be exciting.

I did what you did for number 1, 2 and 4, but for some really weird reason I don't remember what I put down for three lol
Reply 176
Honestly my target is an A but I can guarantee that Im not gonna get it due the absolutely horrendous listening
From what's listed in this thread I've already lost 11 marks in listening and 5 marks in reading - thats on top of the questions that havent been listed as well omg. i need really low grade boundaries ugh
Right, looking at this unofficial ms, I TOTALLY failed. How many grades can coursework bring it up by? I actually worked hard on revising and then
this **** happened.
Original post by RomanaChowdhury
Right, looking at this unofficial ms, I TOTALLY failed. How many grades can coursework bring it up by? I actually worked hard on revising and then
this **** happened.

I understand you so much, I feel my biology exam went bad and I'm really annoyed because I literally memorised word for word the entire blooming thing. But just think of the good parts of the exam and they overpower the bad parts. Try it now and you will feel so much better

Quick Reply

Latest