The Student Room Group

Do you walk with a limp, if so why?

I walk around with a limp for the sole purpose of letting predators know if they want trouble they can get it. Its just away to warn of people if they try anything... its all survival.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Got Milk
I walk around with a limp for the sole purpose of letting predators know if they want trouble they can get it. Its just away to warn of people if they try anything... its all survival.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do if I'm hurt in the leg :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biologically and evolutionarily speaking, this is all wrong. Walking with a limp would be an indication of being wounded and thus being less able to defend yourself and having lower fitness. Ironically, it would make you more of a target for predators.

More practically, it does tend to make you look like you've wet yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Biologically and evolutionarily speaking, this is all wrong. Walking with a limp would be an indication of being wounded and thus being less able to defend yourself and having lower fitness. Ironically, it would make you more of a target for predators.

Precisely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only when my knee plays up from an accident in the winter.

Its not just the limp though, its your whole body language, its a skill tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What doesn't make you stronger makes you killer :smug:
Its not just the limp though, its your whole body language, its a skill tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree - and not just the evolutionary argument I've sketched out. Do you see the Klitschko brothers walking with a limp? I think that affected limp thing actually marks you out as someone who feels vulnerable and is attempting to play a 'part' in order to ward of any potential threats - it makes you look weaker. Walking and standing tall and confident is far more likely to project an image of strength than limping along pretending to have survived being shot (which, of course, no-one would actually believe).
Reply 8
Because I'm trying to be black
Reply 9
I have sciatica which results in nerve pain from the base of my spine all the way down to my right foot. I'm alright most days, but when it's cold I tend to walk with a limp
Sometimes when it's cold- have a knee injury that never healed properly. :dontknow:
Reply 11
After leg day 😩
I disagree - and not just the evolutionary argument I've sketched out. Do you see the Klitschko brothers walking with a limp? I think that affected limp thing actually marks you out as someone who feels vulnerable and is attempting to play a 'part' in order to ward of any potential threats - it makes you look weaker. Walking and standing tall and confident is far more likely to project an image of strength than limping along pretending to have survived being shot (which, of course, no-one would actually believe).

You are all talk, clearly you live in a tiny village. Go to any majour city down centre approach someone walking with a limp and chest out see if they backdown from you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
....letting predators know if they want trouble they can get it....
Posted from TSR Mobile

why are there so many....predators in your area? :holmes:

Sometimes walk with a limp - I have deformed kneecaps and sometimes they take it in turn to give me grief.
Yes, after I took an arrow in the knee.
You are all talk, clearly you live in a tiny village. Go to any majour city down centre approach someone walking with a limp and chest out see if they backdown from you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I suppose Hampstead is a village, so yes - in a way I do.

I think you're getting me confused with a teenage boy who thinks this sort of thing is important or in any way relevant to his life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I walk with a slight limp at the moment coz I have a possibly broken toe

Posted from TSR Mobile

This sounds like you would get the opposite outcome....

And before you assume I live in a village too... Londoner here, hi! It wouldn't make me think you were tougher at all - sounds a little bit like a waste of your time.
Well, I suppose Hampstead is a village, so yes - in a way I do.

I think you're getting me confused with a teenage boy who thinks this sort of thing is important or in any way relevant to his life.

I live in a city where its a way of survival as a village boy you cant tell me whats what when you have no experience of the ghetto.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply