The Student Room Group

AQA Spanish GCSE 2017 Unofficial Markscheme?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibrahim-Rana
I understand you so much, I feel my biology exam went bad and I'm really annoyed because I literally memorised word for word the entire blooming thing. But just think of the good parts of the exam and they overpower the bad parts. Try it now and you will feel so much better

Thank you for the kind words but there's no good things, I failed everything literally.
Original post by RomanaChowdhury
Thank you for the kind words but there's no good things, I failed everything literally.

Just think of the long summer you have afterwards and the subjects that you will never see again. I do this with English and I can't explain how happy I get lol
Original post by Ibrahim-Rana
Just think of the long summer you have afterwards and the subjects that you will never see again. I do this with English and I can't explain how happy I get lol

You're so right, I can't wait! I just want this nightmare to be over.
Original post by RomanaChowdhury
You're so right, I can't wait! I just want this nightmare to be over.

Have a nice weekend! I'm just going to sweat English literature and geography papers lol I'm dreading English but I think everyone is to be honest
*****************Missing 3 marks worth of questions for listening

AND

Missing 11 marks worth of questions for reading

if anyone remembers any questions missing please say something I really want to work out what I got*************************
yea listening was a bit of a madness
The listening was mentally insane
There was a question in the reading about the person and their brother/sister fighting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay so:

The mark for A* in AQA Spanish Reading June 2014 was 36 marks, this went down to 31 marks in June 2015, this further dropped to 30 marks in June 2016. Looking at the 2014 paper I can see that it was extremely easy, the 2015 paper was a bit harder hence why the marks needed to obtain an A* dropped lower rather than increasing. Additionally, from a quick glance (so this conclusion might be wrong) the 2016 paper looks about the same difficulty as the 2015 paper, perhaps a bit more worded. This is reflected by the looser grade boundaries.

I would say this reading paper we just took was in the middle of 2014-2015 difficulty (personal opinion - not representative of others). Common sense would dictate that the marks should therefore be in between 31 and 36 - roughly 34. However being the last year of the spec I don't know what AQA will try to pull w/ the grade boundaries so this might be an underestimate. Let's go with approx. 35 being an A* on the reading paper for now.

The mark for A* in AQA Spanish Listening June 2014 was 31 marks, then 27 in 2015 and finally it rose to 31 again in 2016. I can't tell the level of difficulty of the listening papers without the audio - so based on this pattern and the fact that everyone including myself thinks this paper was challenging I am tempted to say that perhaps the mark for an A* will drop to 30 rather than increase as it should do since we're the last year of the spec.

In my controlled assessment I got:
30/30 (A*) in Speaking 1
30/30 (A*) in Speaking 2
28/30 (A*) in Writing 1
27/30 (A) In Writing 2
However the first three controlled assessments have not been moderated so to be on the safe side let's say I got 29/30 in each of the speakings and 27/30 on each of the writings.

From this thread I think I would have gotten 28/34 marks according to the unofficial mark scheme for reading, so 28/34 x 100 = 82.35% for this.
From this thread I think I would have gotten 27/37 marks in the unofficial mark scheme for listening, so 27/37 x 100 = 72.97% for this.
There are actually 45 marks in the reading paper (we're missing 11) but since my percentage was 82.35%, I can do 82.35% x 45 = 37 marks (rounded to the nearest whole number)
There are actually 40 marks in the listening paper (we're missing 3) but since my percentage was 72.97%, I can do 72.97% x 40 = 29 (rounded to the nearest whole number)

Speaking 1 - 29/30 A*
Speaking 2 - 29/30 A*
Writing 1 - 27/30 A
Writing 2 - 27/30 A
Reading - 37/45 A*
Listening - 29/40 A

So I think that would be a high A or an A* overall, but anything can happen - my controlled assessments might get moderated super harshly and my exams could be marked in this way too, I might have actually forgotten just how bad I did and therefore marked it according to the unofficial mark scheme wrong, the mark scheme itself might be wrong etc. Or, on the contrary the grade boundaries might be lower (HOPEFULLY) than I predicted. I hope so anyway. We shalt see on results day.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 189
for that question i think it was sueno which means luck. Tengo sueno de trabajar en inglaterra. I have a dream to work in england
Tengo sueños means I'm sleepy, I used to live in Spain and we would say that all the time when we were tired
It wasn't apprenticeship, it was training, but idk if that would affect anything
Suerte means luck
I still think it's tengo ganas - a desire to do it.

Regards apprenticeships / training, didn't they use "Aprendizaje"?
Original post by urgurlbecca
What answers did you all get?

IMPORTANT: m8 i failed the listening exam so I don't know myself whether these are right or wrong this is just what seems to be right and I'm also missing loads of questions if you remember any (as well as the answers if you can) please post in this thread so I can add it to either mark scheme thnx bye

AQA Spanish GCSE Listening Unofficial Mark Scheme:
(mighth be wrong, updating w/ the general consensus)

1.vegetable soup
2. grilled fish
3. salad
4. fresh pineapple

5. white t-shirt
6. blue blouse
7.black skirt
8. brown hat

9) Floor (said alfombra=rug)
10) Heating (radiadores=radiators)
11) Paint (cambiar el color de los paredes=change colour of walls)

2a. A+B
b. A
c. B
d. A+B

Bad, Good or Mixed Feelings question:
a. B
b. G
c. disputed
d. disputed

Environmental Campaign questions:
a) protect nature
b) save petrol
c) avoid forest fires

family's impact on the environment:
B - brother leaves appliances on standby
E - dad uses car to drive everywhere

question on teachers instructing students:
assembly
going out for a hockey match
having a presentation

Advantage/Disadvantage Questions:
a.) laptop Advantage- helpful when studying, Disadvantage// uncomfortable to wear
b.) (videogames) Advantage- helps to relax

swimming pool
book
chicken

cello lady

last questions:
boat trip
hotel
skiing
historic buildings
Can I just say that when she was talking about heating she said something about wanting a bed. I do think it is a trick
@jade____1334
i don't remember there being a question about vegetable soup lmao
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Emilywallis25x
It wasn't apprenticeship, it was training, but idk if that would affect anything

I distinctly remember her saying aprendizaje
Yeah, she did say that, but it means training, though you could potentially still get the mark
there wasn't?? Maybe they did foundation

Quick Reply

Latest