The Student Room Group

Cheaper way to get health history form done?

Hey, So for working on summer camp I have to have this health history form filled in, so I made an appointment with the GP but they said it would cost £70; has anyone with experience in this got it done for much cheaper, and if so how? They literally just have to say what vaccines I've had and say whether different parts of me are healthy and sign it, but it has to be done by a "registered medical professional". I get that doctors are expensive but can't tell if this is just the uni health centre ripping me off.
Reply 1
Original post by squirrel97
Hey, So for working on summer camp I have to have this health history form filled in, so I made an appointment with the GP but they said it would cost £70; has anyone with experience in this got it done for much cheaper, and if so how? They literally just have to say what vaccines I've had and say whether different parts of me are healthy and sign it, but it has to be done by a "registered medical professional". I get that doctors are expensive but can't tell if this is just the uni health centre ripping me off.

Unfortunately, probably not.

You could try the GP you were previously registered with, but they may not be able to complete it as they won't have your records now.

You could do a subject access request - this is free if you just want to look at them, so you could write down all the vaccination dates to complete that section. If you need to keep a copy then it will cost £10 if they're all held electronically, or £50 if they're partially on paper, so you need to get a copy or if you can find the information quickly.

You could then try a private doctor - there are clinics called "HGV medicals" or "truck driver medicals". These doctors are experienced in filling in the DVLA D4 form, though, so aren't really set up for doing yours. It's also likely to cost £50+ so won't even be much cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending