The Student Room Group

" "

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Given the storm of media **** that's descended, I would bet money that is exactly what's currently happening. People making mindless attacks on her character are being particularly stupid if (as they claim) she is from a rich family, then they will have ample resources to pursue people in the courts. A number of recent cases like this have ended with the loudmouths either being arrested under hate laws or facing heavy legal costs and out of court settlements.

However, that's not why I'm defending her, I'm doing it because I recognise the usual pattern of woman-hating and sexist abuse being rolled out whenever a woman appears to get a small advantage, even if imaginary. In a world dominated by male privilege, it's a sad reality that those men can't bear to give even a millimetre.

You have failed to answer how I was defamatory.

She abused her then boyfriend and you defend her.
Why don't you restrict yourself to forums for ageing white kippers?

It's a fact that domestic violence against males are an afterthought when it comes to what judges are told, they are also told to remember that women are different so deserve lower sentences because they are women.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/equal-treatment-bench-book-2013-with-2015-amendment.pdf
Original post by Meany Pie
You have failed to answer how I was defamatory.

It is amazing that when a woman physically attacks her boyfriend, people will go to huge efforts to paint her as the victim.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
It is amazing that when a woman physically attacks her boyfriend, people will go to huge efforts to paint her as the victim.

It is pretty worrying really.
Would be a bit worried now if I was a fellow classmate.

It's nice that you know this, given you have no evidence other than the end of the affair, where the evidence revealed so far is scanty as well. You have no clue what the history was. For all we know, he could have been abusing her for years and this was the last desperate fightback by her. Again, there is no way of knowing from the reports published so far.

I really ****ing hate pathetic little boy trolls in basements who seize on stories like this with minimal information and then use it to run their brainless peanut-brain male misogyny and feminist-bashing routines using it as a pretext.
...whenever a woman appears to get a small advantage...

I really ****ing hate pathetic little boy trolls in basements who seize on stories like this with minimal information and then use it to run their brainless peanut-brain male misogyny and feminist-bashing routines using it as a pretext.

Getting a free stab is a "small advantage" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Anyone who disagrees is a basement dwelling sado... but at the same time SJWs like you say everyone should be accepted. Lol ok.

She abused her then boyfriend

Exactly. But pointing this out makes you a misogynist apparently.
It's nice that you know this, given you have no evidence other than the end of the affair, where the evidence revealed so far is scanty as well. You have no clue what the history was. For all we know, he could have been abusing her for years and this was the last desperate fightback by her. Again, there is no way of knowing from the reports published so far.

If he had been the aggressor he would be the one in court.
Original post by Plagioclase
Whilst that makes a very good headline and is excellent fodder for people who like being outraged, if you actually look at the evidence, things start to make a bit more sense. The judge said:

It seems to me that if this was a one-off, a complete one-off, to prevent this extraordinarily able young lady from not being able to enter the profession she wishes to would be a sentence which would be too severe.

The judge clearly believes that this is not something that is going to happen again and has been satisfied by the fact that she has been remorseful and has been seeing a councilor. She also appears to have had a challenging past, including being abused in previous relationships. She has already for all practical purposes been banned from practicing as a surgeon because of her criminal record now so I honestly do not understand the point of punishing her any more if the judge feels like that's excessive. What is the point of ruining someone's career, if they can contribute in a huge way to society, if they have shown that they will not reoffend?

She is clearly an extremely talented person who has already been punished and it feels to me that people are just looking for a reason to get outraged about favouritism or elitism. Context matters.

You seem to bum her out are you her best friend or what.
Given the storm of media **** that's descended, I would bet money that is exactly what's currently happening. People making mindless attacks on her character are being particularly stupid if (as they claim) she is from a rich family, then they will have ample resources to pursue people in the courts. A number of recent cases like this have ended with the loudmouths either being arrested under hate laws or facing heavy legal costs and out of court settlements.

However, that's not why I'm defending her, I'm doing it because I recognise the usual pattern of woman-hating and sexist abuse being rolled out whenever a woman appears to get a small advantage, even if imaginary. In a world dominated by male privilege, it's a sad reality that those men can't bear to give even a millimetre.

Not going to jail is a small advantage? I'd like to know the drugs you're taking.

There were two further alleged incidents of abuse which have been ruled to lie on file. This shows a possible pattern of abuse.

Why don't you sympathise with the victim?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/20/oxford-student-spared-jail-after-stabbing-boyfriend-had-two-other-assault-charges-6649438/
Brilliant, if I ever get into Oxbridge for medicine I'll stab all my old bullies and get away with it :rofl:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending