The Student Room Group

CIE English Literature (0486) Exam Predictions ;o

Anyone taking this exam?

Any predictions on the Gillian Clarke poetry anthology and the Stories of Ourselves prose anthology?

My exam is on next Mon and Friday

Cheers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by badlitstudent
Anyone taking this exam?

Any predictions on the Gillian Clarke poetry anthology and the Stories of Ourselves prose anthology?

My exam is on next Mon and Friday

Cheers.

Following, I do secret river as prose and songs of ourselves anthology as my poems. Does anyone have any tips or notes or anything?? Specifically for unseen
I do the same as the OP. I have decent notes on the stories but not on the poems. Any help?
Original post by unknown1209
I do the same as the OP. I have decent notes on the stories but not on the poems. Any help?

See if this helps http://www.timdunne.org/gillianclarkepoems.html
Does anyone else think that Clarke's poems do not really have a strong inferential background and that they are overly cryptic for the simple stories they are?
Original post by anon.student00
Does anyone else think that Clarke's poems do not really have a strong inferential background and that they are overly cryptic for the simple stories they are?

Most of the poems are written based on Clarke's personal experience, and I do agree that some poems like Pipistrelle are especially hard to interpret and understand ;p

Hopefully those won't come up in the exam.
does anyone do my Antonia? xx
Reply 7
For the songs of ourselves anthology (probs the same for all anthologies anyway), will we get a choice between two poems, only get one, or get more (like three or something)?
Original post by DavoGCSE
For the songs of ourselves anthology (probs the same for all anthologies anyway), will we get a choice between two poems, only get one, or get more (like three or something)?

you'll have a choice between:

one question based on one poem
OR
one question asking you to compare the poem above and another poem

hope this helps x
Reply 9
Original post by Queenie123
you'll have a choice between:

one question based on one poem
OR
one question asking you to compare the poem above and another poem

hope this helps x

Are you sure? Thanks a lot xx

I think so xx
anyone doing silas marner and songs of ourselves the volume 2 about love
Original post by nish2910
anyone doing silas marner and songs of ourselves the volume 2 about love

I'm doing the songs of ourselves about love x
Which is your favourite poem? I think mine would have to be Passion or She was a Phantom of Delight :smile:
I'm writng 0460/12 and I'm doing the short stories anthology. Does anyone have any ideas which short stories are likely to come for my variant???
I'm doing the songs of ourselves about love x
Which is your favourite poem? I think mine would have to be Passion or She was a Phantom of Delight :smile:

Same! And liOn heart is okay -- do you have any predictions?
Same! And liOn heart is okay -- do you have any predictions?

Unfortunately as the poems change every two or so years, its really hard to predict :frown: So yeah, I think revise everything and hope for the best :redface:
Unfortunately as the poems change every two or so years, its really hard to predict :frown: So yeah, I think revise everything and hope for the best :redface:

heart and mind and last sonnet! which one did you choose
SORRY I was wrong! xx
heart and mind and last sonnet! which one did you choose

I chose Heart and Mind! I had so much to write :smile: I think that went so well x Wbu?
I chose Heart and Mind! I had so much to write :smile: I think that went so well x Wbu?

Heart and mind but I don't think it went well!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending