The Student Room Group

AQA Law AS 16th May 2017

How did everyone find the exam today and what topics did you do?
I did delegated legislation, judicial precedent and criminal courts and lay people.

Scroll to see replies

I did parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and civil courts/ADR. I think it went well, especially as the paper followed the patterns of past papers! How did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by Melissa546
How did everyone find the exam today and what topics did you do?
I did delegated legislation, judicial precedent and criminal courts and lay people.

Snap!

Was pretty happy overall, but that 10 mark question on the role of juries in the crown court left me a little perplexed 🤔 also the court of appeal question was confusingly written...
I did delegated legislation, statutory interpretation and criminal courts/lay people.. I think I did quite well but the format for one of the questions on DL was different to the past and the lay people questions were incredibly boring.
I ran out of time :angry:!!! I wasn't able to answer the last 10 marker on Criminal Courts and Lay People and it was really annoying because I did that exact question the day before the exam! I hate myself for it because I worked really hard for this exam.
Reply 5
Original post by Carly2289
I did parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and civil courts/ADR. I think it went well, especially as the paper followed the patterns of past papers! How did you find it?

I found it okay, it was much better than I anticipated but I found writing a 10 mark question on the role of juries hard. I liked the delagated legislation questions though.
Reply 6
Original post by jackheynes
I ran out of time :angry:!!! I wasn't able to answer the last 10 marker on Criminal Courts and Lay People and it was really annoying because I did that exact question the day before the exam! I hate myself for it because I worked really hard for this exam.

Hopefully your hard work will pay off and you'll get good marks on the other questions to make up for it 😊 I always find timing on law difficult and didn't get to finish the last question either, but the other questions were okay so I'm hoping it will still be fine in the end, just focusing on Law 02 revision now
Reply 7
Original post by caitlindc
I did delegated legislation, statutory interpretation and criminal courts/lay people.. I think I did quite well but the format for one of the questions on DL was different to the past and the lay people questions were incredibly boring.

I agree that the format was unusual but I struggled with the lay people questions the most mainly just role of juries. Glad you found it okay 😊
Reply 8
Original post by RHLSTP
Snap!

Was pretty happy overall, but that 10 mark question on the role of juries in the crown court left me a little perplexed 🤔 also the court of appeal question was confusingly written...

I felt exactly the same about role of juries! I found it difficult to write enough for a 10 mark answer. Glad you felt it went week overall 😀
Reply 9
I felt exactly the same about role of juries! I found it difficult to write enough for a 10 mark answer. Glad you felt it went week overall 😀

Sorry I meant well not week 😂
what did any one put for the court of appeal question in judicial precedent?
Reply 11
Original post by rebeccaxholders
what did any one put for the court of appeal question in judicial precedent?

I put that usually the court of appeal have to follow the Supreme Court. However they can distinguish from or disapprove of their decisions.
And then I put that the CA is bound by its own decisions unless Young V Bristol Aeroplanes applies.
I put that usually the court of appeal have to follow the Supreme Court. However they can distinguish from or disapprove of their decisions.
And then I put that the CA is bound by its own decisions unless Young V Bristol Aeroplanes applies.

i put about the supreme court and also court of appeal, at least ill get some marks haha
Reply 13
What did anyone who did judicial precedent write for the obiter dicta and court hierarchy combined question? I was a little confused as it said civil court hierarchy. 🤔
Reply 14
Original post by rebeccaxholders
i put about the supreme court and also court of appeal, at least ill get some marks haha

Good luck with your result and Law 02! 😊
Good luck with your result and Law 02! 😊

thank you you too!
Original post by jackheynes

Lmao its cool dude you probably did fine
Reply 17
How did everyone find Law 02 yesterday?
How did everyone find Law 02 yesterday?

Not too bad! What about? See my unofficial mark scheme to see what I put and how others felt it went.
Original post by new1234
Not too bad! What about? See my unofficial mark scheme to see what I put and how others felt it went.

hi where is your mark scheme? thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest