The Student Room Group

OCR A level history 2017

Scroll to see replies

OMG, the Anglo Saxon essay questions were difficult.
How was the rule of William I threatened by the rebellions up to 1070?
How did the Norman Conquest change Urban and Rural areas?

I chose q3 and already regret it, Im most likely gonna fail History now. :frown: :frown:
Original post by 1_Zainn_
Hello im studying civil rights in the USA 1865-1992, im in year 12 and am struggling with more or less everything , such as Africans american civil rights, native american civil right and women and their civil rights.

If you dont mind can you send me some resources and notes, essay etc regarding these areas it will be much appreciated. thank you

Hi there, PM your email address and I'll send over my resources. Hope this helps.
Anybody know was the As questions were for Britain??
Original post by IssyJuly7
Anybody know was the As questions were for Britain??

Churchill 10 marker was on Britain's military position after the dunkirk evacuations. Churchill 20 marker was on impact of Churchill's speeches on morale.
Britain questions were either: where Margaret Thatcher's social and economic policies successful OR to what extent did Britain establish itself as a major power in the world
Original post by ProbablyJade
Churchill 10 marker was on Britain's military position after the dunkirk evacuations. Churchill 20 marker was on impact of Churchill's speeches on morale.
Britain questions were either: where Margaret Thatcher's social and economic policies successful OR to what extent did Britain establish itself as a major power in the world
How did you find it? The sources for me were a bit bizarre and for the 10 and 20 mark source questions, I couldn't really think of much own knowledge to use, and I didn't really understand the sources as thoroughly as I would be expected. However the two 20 markers were really nice. I did the Thatcher question.
Original post by RevisionGuide
How did you find it? The sources for me were a bit bizarre and for the 10 and 20 mark source questions, I couldn't really think of much own knowledge to use, and I didn't really understand the sources as thoroughly as I would be expected. However the two 20 markers were really nice. I did the Thatcher question.

I did thatcher also. I didn't mind the 20 marker (although you are right about the lack of own knowledge) but i hated source A and the 10 marker, everybody at my school HATED the churchill section.
I did thatcher also. I didn't mind the 20 marker (although you are right about the lack of own knowledge) but i hated source A and the 10 marker, everybody at my school HATED the churchill section.
That was exactly the same as what our school said lol. We didn't even learn about Churchill's speeches
That was exactly the same as what our school said lol. We didn't even learn about Churchill's speeches

We did look at some (but before christmas) and it isn't in the textbook (apart from as sources).
We did look at some (but before christmas) and it isn't in the textbook (apart from as sources).
Ohh. Do you do French rev by any chance?
Ohh. Do you do French rev by any chance?

Yes! I'm not so confident for that paper because i have bio,chem and maths the following days :/
Yes! I'm not so confident for that paper because i have bio,chem and maths the following days :/
I have bio chem and econ lol. Do you do ocr chem and bio??
I have bio chem and econ lol. Do you do ocr chem and bio??

Ocr chem and aqa bio
Ocr chem and aqa bio
Chemistry B Salters or Chemistry A?
Does anyone know what the questions were for the AS history Britain paper 1900-1951?
Chemistry B Salters or Chemistry A?

Chemistry a I think :smile:
Original post by Radmandy
Does anyone know what the questions were for the AS history Britain paper 1900-1951?

Churchill 10 marker was on Britain's military position after the dunkirk evacuations. Churchill 20 marker was on impact of Churchill's speeches on morale. Britain questions were either: where Margaret Thatcher's social and economic policies successful OR to what extent did Britain establish itself as a major power in the world
Churchill 10 marker was on Britain's military position after the dunkirk evacuations. Churchill 20 marker was on impact of Churchill's speeches on morale. Britain questions were either: where Margaret Thatcher's social and economic policies successful OR to what extent did Britain establish itself as a major power in the world

I think we do different topics because the British section of the exam I do stops at 1951.
How is French Rev revision going for you?
How is French Rev revision going for you?

Hahah, well, um not great... i have learnt the terror and some of the directory but there is so much to learn....
Hahah, well, um not great... i have learnt the terror and some of the directory but there is so much to learn....
The interpretation question should be fine as they can only really ask you two specific questions (Did Napoleon destroy or maintain the gains of the revolution or what were the origins of the revolution). As for everything else, I've just been learning all of the really important stuff and not the minor details as it is really difficult to learn everything. I've just been going through Napoleon, and now I'm going to do the terror and directory :biggrin:. The annoying this is, I have 3 other exams in the same week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending