The Student Room Group

English Literature Monday STRESS

Hey guys, I have my english literature GCSE exam on monday and I am extremely stressed out. I am not good at English Literature and I feel like it will be hard to pass. Any tips? I am trying my best to revise right now, but it is extremely boring for english literature.
Reply 1
Same dude, im working my *** off for english as i am extremely bad at it

I prefer go over key quotations and make mind maps to lik characters setting and themes
Reply 2
Original post by NK778
Same dude, im working my *** off for english as i am extremely bad at it

I prefer go over key quotations and make mind maps to lik characters setting and themes

I feel you man.. Been working for so long today and I have hardly gotten through the play I am doing, with a book still to go.. I have only got four quotations for the play though so hopefully it works out. I have gone over everything for the play, but I need to get the book done today because I've got another exam on monday + a whole week packed of exams. GCSEs are way too much stress :/
Reply 3
Is anyone doing much ado about nothing and Christmas carol?
Reply 4
practice a couple of timed questions tomorrow because timing is one of the hardest things with english! Good luck you will be fine :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by easystudent
i feel you man.. Been working for so long today and i have hardly gotten through the play i am doing, with a book still to go.. I have only got four quotations for the play though so hopefully it works out. I have gone over everything for the play, but i need to get the book done today because i've got another exam on monday + a whole week packed of exams. Gcses are way too much stress :/

dude i have 3 frickin exams and one exam the next day with just hours to study

i am soooooooooo stressed
basically. f u c k it mask off
Just try to do the main themes and you won't need to go over characters because themes will link characters nicely. Also, knowing the plot of the play and novel will help you a lot.

Good luck for the exam.
Reply 8
Original post by moa.asim
Just try to do the main themes and you won't need to go over characters because themes will link characters nicely. Also, knowing the plot of the play and novel will help you a lot.

Good luck for the exam.

That depends on the question doesn't it.. It might not even ask about themes. And thank you!
Reply 9
I feel like learning key quotations is what you need to do now, as well as covering key context points - as this is what gets those extra marks. I have aqa English lit paper one on Monday, Tuesday I have re, Wednesday p1, Thursday maths non-calc and then on Friday I have English literature paper 2. good luck everyone!
Original post by EasyStudent
That depends on the question doesn't it.. It might not even ask about themes. And thank you!

you are right but in all themes you have to talk about a character(s) to prove your statement. Just make sure you can also contrast and compare between characters. I think having a variety of things to talk about is much better than just explaining the theme and telling the same thing over and over again in different words. But if you know the theme, then you are basically sorted for the exam.
Ur ****ed prepared to get ur ass rupturted
Original post by Lividpencil99
Ur ****ed prepared to get ur ass rupturted

LOL it was decent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending