The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 9-1 - looking for exam questions to practice?

There aren't that many exam papers to practice from so any extra questions are useful. Edexcel released problem solving questions Set 1 and Set 2 (for higher and foundation). Your school may have shared them with you already but if not, here they are.

These are new questions written by Edexcel so questions of a similar style/difficulty could be in the real exam.

Good luck :smile:

EDIT: Set 3 and Set 4
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by notnek
There aren't that many exam papers to practice from so any extra questions are useful. Edexcel released problem solving questions Set 1 and Set 2 (for higher and foundation). Your school may have shared them with you already but if not, here they are.

These are new questions written by Edexcel so questions of a similar style/difficulty could be in the real exam.

go to the maths website www.maths-stchads.com
and to maths genie 9-1 predicted paper and the same for On Maths
www.crashmaths.com have very good papers.
Original post by omar10000000

Everyone go on this site and click on Practice Papers if you would like Mock Set 2 Full including the mark schemes.
Reply 6
Original post by Daydreamer3
Everyone go on this site and click on Practice Papers if you would like Mock Set 2 Full including the mark schemes.

Normally TSR doesn't allow links to locked papers but it's close to the exam now so all students should be able to view these papers if they haven't been given them by their teacher.

So I'll allow it here :smile:
TSR SUPPORT TEAM set me alike

have you got access to 2016 mock papers?
Original post by CraigBackner
have you got access to 2016 mock papers?

9-1 or old specification? Because if you mean the new 9-1 autumn and spring mock, they are both on that website.
Original post by notnek

thanks a lot for this, more hard questions just in time for the exam
9-1 or old specification? Because if you mean the new 9-1 autumn and spring mock, they are both on that website.

oh yes they are there thanks i didnt check properly
Private message me for all 6 sets of practice papers, 36 papers in total. They are the official ones from edexceel!
Reply 12
Original post by ahhmed123
Private message me for all 6 sets of practice papers, 36 papers in total. They are the official ones from edexceel!

It's worth noting that the practice papers are mainly made up of old GCSE questions with a few new ones thrown in. So they're not made to resemble a new style GCSE paper but are worth practicing nonetheless.

New questions are best for practicing so that includes the specimen papers, mock papers and question sets in the OP of this thread. The CGP papers are pretty good as well.
Original post by notnek
It's worth noting that the practice papers are mainly made up of old GCSE questions with a few new ones thrown in. So they're not made to resemble a new style GCSE paper but are worth practicing nonetheless.

New questions are best for practicing so that includes the specimen papers, mock papers and question sets in the OP of this thread. The CGP papers are pretty good as well.

Based off of the "Unofficial Mark Scheme", I got around about 65-70 on paper one, and a lot of the questions that came up I had encountered in previous papers. That being said, the new "Mock Sets", "Specimen Papers", and "Sample assessement materials" from edexcel as well as the Pixl PPE papers, were slightly relatively harder than the practice set papers. As they are purely new specification.
Also, our exams are 60%-70% made up of old specification content, as there is not an awful lot you can change with Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest