The Student Room Group

Mistake in driving licence

My driving licence has a spelling mistake in my name - an extra L.. i say extra, there wasnt supposed to be one at all! anyways.. to get this rectified, is it going to cost? it's been like that ever since i got my provisonal and passed my test and bought a car, all with the same mistake- could cause problems if i were to get stopped by the police etc? any ideas how to get it sorted?
Reply 1
no it wont cost but it will take AGES!! i recently got my provisional with a H missing in my surname, just send a cover letter, you liscence and counterpart to DVLA SWANSEA (get the addess from the stie or something). make sure you photocoy your liscence and counterpart for yourself incase it gets lost, so any way post off you photocard, counterpart and a cover letter explaining the situation and in about 2 months max ull recieve a new one :smile:
Reply 2
uk_chip
no it wont cost but it will take AGES!! i recently got my provisional with a H missing in my surname, just send a cover letter, you liscence and counterpart to DVLA SWANSEA (get the addess from the stie or something). make sure you photocoy your liscence and counterpart for yourself incase it gets lost, so any way post off you photocard, counterpart and a cover letter explaining the situation and in about 2 months max ull recieve a new one :smile:

2 MONTHS!? ouch, cant do it for a while then! cant go without ID for that long and I have no passport at the mo!

Cheers for that though! :smile:
i have the same problem! two letters are the wrong way round - but thats because its like that on my passport so i need to change both lol!
Easier to just change your name :wink:
Reply 5
It won't cost anything and shouldn't take that long. When I swapped my paper licence for a photocard one it only took about a week to arrive as far as I remember. Took longer for the last one when I changed address but that was because the postman was throwing away our mail for about a month. Seem to remember I got a replacement pretty quickly (I think it's supposed to be a maximum of 15 working days).
seaweasel
It won't cost anything and shouldn't take that long. When I swapped my paper licence for a photocard one it only took about a week to arrive as far as I remember. Took longer for the last one when I changed address but that was because the postman was throwing away our mail for about a month. Seem to remember I got a replacement pretty quickly (I think it's supposed to be a maximum of 15 working days).

lol that made me laugh i think im gonna rep you if i can lol
Reply 7
no on the site it says max 28 days but i dont know it took ages for me to get mine back
Reply 8
Maybe the 15 days was the average or target wait, certainly shouldn't take months though.

I was ready to get angry with Royal Mail again this week when I thought they'd lost/stolen our Isle of Wight tickets, then we discovered they were sitting in a courier depot. Doesn't mean posties aren't lazy and/or thieving swines though! Having said that, my brother has just become one so I suppose I should start giving the benefit of the doubt.
Reply 9
Hi i have my provisional licence and my middle name is wrong can you still use tgat one for you cbt or have i gotta move that data what happens
Original post by joe152
Hi i have my provisional licence and my middle name is wrong can you still use tgat one for you cbt or have i gotta move that data what happens

Hi there, in future do make your own thread as this thread is from 2007!

If information on your licence is wrong you will have to amend this by calling the DVLA up immediately, as technically in the law's eyes the licence is void and you may not drive with it until you amend the issue.
Reply 11
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Hi there, in future do make your own thread as this thread is from 2007!

If information on your licence is wrong you will have to amend this by calling the DVLA up immediately, as technically in the law's eyes the licence is void and you may not drive with it until you amend the issue.

They have changed my middle name and its not the one i have in my name
Original post by joe152
They have changed my middle name and its not the one i have in my name

Sorry I'm not quite sure what you're saying... If any information is incorrect on your licence then you will have to notify the DVLA no matter what. Any false/incorrect information on your licence renders it null and void.

Latest

Trending

Trending