The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick PGCE 2017/2018

Hello :smile: I'll be starting the primary PGCE at Warwick next academic year. I'd be interested in getting to know other people in the same position. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi there im curious as to whether youve appliued for the primary pgce ?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by hugga12
Hi there im curious as to whether youve appliued for the primary pgce ?

Primary with MFL :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by El Mapache
Primary with MFL :smile:

Can you describe the interview process/day ?
Reply 4
Original post by hugga12
Can you describe the interview process/day ?

We had our ID checked, then a lecturer gave a welcome presentation, then we did an English test where we had to write a response to an essay like text. Then after lunch, we were split into groups of 3 and did the group task about saying what was good about a FS/KS1 poem book, then we did our presentation, then we had our individual interview. 😀
Reply 5
Had you prepared the presentation before or did they give you a topic and time to repair on the day?
Reply 6
Original post by la.mcc
Had you prepared the presentation before or did they give you a topic and time to repair on the day?

I prepared it before I went and I chose the topic :smile:
Reply 7
Hi, does anyone know if there's a reading list or anything similar? I'm starting a PGCE at Warwick this year and I want to try and be a bit prepared beforehand!
Reply 8
Original post by KateM31
Hi, does anyone know if there's a reading list or anything similar? I'm starting a PGCE at Warwick this year and I want to try and be a bit prepared beforehand!

Hey :smile: I emailed the CPE this question about a month ago and they said they are in the process of updating the reading list and will email it to offer holders when it's ready.
Hi there. I've just been accepted on the the Primary PGCE, also with modern foreign languages :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by callum.alexander
Hi there. I've just been accepted on the the Primary PGCE, also with modern foreign languages :smile:

Hi Callum. I recognise your name from joining the Warwick PGCE facebook group I set up. I've friend requested you, hope you don't mind. :smile:
Reply 11
Hi,

I did the PGDE 2016-2017 and was told whilst on the course there is no graduation ceremony. So please check before enrolling if PGCE students get a graduation ceremony.

Quite disappointing as so much hard work goes into these degrees and it's expensive!!
Reply 12
Original post by kiran24
Hi,

I did the PGDE 2016-2017 and was told whilst on the course there is no graduation ceremony. So please check before enrolling if PGCE students get a graduation ceremony.

Quite disappointing as so much hard work goes into these degrees and it's expensive!!

I'm personally not bothered by not having a ceremony, I didn't attend my undergraduate one and I won't be anywhere near Warwickshire after the course. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by El Mapache
I'm personally not bothered by not having a ceremony, I didn't attend my undergraduate one and I won't be anywhere near Warwickshire after the course. :smile:

Each to their own :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest