The Student Room Group

OCR AS Religious Studies: Philosophy and Ethics G571 & G572 - 18 & 25 May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunatrly, I don't think so. The questions were relatively general; meaning people are most likely to get high marks; making the grade boundaries high. It will be taken into account however, that this I should the first year of the new course,
does anyone know the prediction for the AS re-sit for ethics
Original post by Temigql
does anyone know the prediction for the AS re-sit for ethics

1. a. Explain the difference between absolute and relative morality b. “Absolute morality is inflexible”. Discuss 2. a. Explain a religious ethical approach to issues surrounding euthanasia. b. ‘Religious ethics is inflexible’. Discuss 3. a. Explain what Kant meant by the summum bonum. b. “The summum bonum is unattainable”. Discuss 4. a. Explain a utilitarian approach to moral issues surrounding genetic modification of the human embryo. b. “Utilitarianism cannot protect the sanctity of human life”. Discuss

these are the predictions
(edited 6 years ago)
apparently the Q1 on the philosophy AS resit was on the cosmological argument not god as the creator :-(
Original post by emtyler2759
apparently the Q1 on the philosophy AS resit was on the cosmological argument not god as the creator :-(

Definitely not a question on Cosmological Argument. It was about the biblical concept of God as a Creator and Craftsman.
Does anyone know any AS ethics resit predictions for Thursday?
What would you talk about in the essay 'explain the difference between absolute and relative morality' for 25 marks? I feel like I don't have enough to say about it to attempt an essay like that, does anyone know what I should talk about?
Original post by Jooosmooon
What would you talk about in the essay 'explain the difference between absolute and relative morality' for 25 marks? I feel like I don't have enough to say about it to attempt an essay like that, does anyone know what I should talk about?

http://www.markedbyteachers.com/as-and-a-level/religious-studies-and-philosophy/explain-the-differences-between-absolute-and-relative-morality-relativist-theories-give-no-convincing-reason-why-people-should-be-good-discuss.html
Original post by JessicaAlicia23
Sorry Guys these were the questions for the new spec AS not the resit paper ..i thought this thread wass for new spec AS my badd!

do you know if there's there a new spec thread?
Any predictions for tomorrow's new spec paper? (Ethics)
Original post by LeoZango
Any predictions for tomorrow's new spec paper? (Ethics)

For applied ethics embryo research might come up and euthanasia, also relative morality and moral absolutism.
Original post by thefreakoffreaks
For applied ethics embryo research might come up and euthanasia, also relative morality and moral absolutism.

?!?!?! That's not on my spec!
Original post by LeoZango
?!?!?! That's not on my spec!

This thread is for the old spec
If you get a 25 marker on "explain the approach of the religion you have studied in response to the issues of embryo research", could you make the essay solely about a natural law approach? It seems weird to do that if hypothetically there were to be another 25 marker just on natural law. I haven't covered Christian ethics.
Good luck everyone for the exam today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck. Is everyone ready
Even though the content is easier than Philosophy of Religion (except Kant) I still feel I will do worse in this exam than the other.

Anyway Good Luck all
Original post by Dyl98an
If you get a 25 marker on "explain the approach of the religion you have studied in response to the issues of embryo research", could you make the essay solely about a natural law approach? It seems weird to do that if hypothetically there were to be another 25 marker just on natural law. I haven't covered Christian ethics.

Anyone? Pls.
Original post by Dyl98an
Anyone? Pls.

Natural law is also part of religious ethics so yes if you have a lot to talk about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending