The Student Room Group

CCEA - GCSE English Literature

Anyone doing Eng Lit CCEA unit 1 and 2 next week? If So, any predictions for TKAM, AIC or Heaney and Hardy Poetry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AIC my teachers are betting on Gerald. Maybe Gerald with Sheila?
Could be Mr Birling, he hasn't been on in years. Part of me is worried they'll throw Edna on us so if I have time I want to look at Edna analysis (what she symbolises etc). I just hope it isn't two themes
TKAMB I'm thinking Aunt A, maybe in regards to family? That or a joint question with Jem and Scout, I don't think that's been done before. Maybe a question about how Jem matures faster than Scout?
My poetry anthologie is love and death so no help there
Any predictions?
Also, any guesses or examples for Lang? I'd like to have a list of possible things to talk about in personal writing so I'm now sitting trying to think of something. Like favourite day, worthwhile experience etc
They were so cruel giving us both lit papers in one week, I've got 5 just that week
Reply 2
Original post by Hubhu
AIC my teachers are betting on Gerald. Maybe Gerald with Sheila?
Could be Mr Birling, he hasn't been on in years. Part of me is worried they'll throw Edna on us so if I have time I want to look at Edna analysis (what she symbolises etc). I just hope it isn't two themes
TKAMB I'm thinking Aunt A, maybe in regards to family? That or a joint question with Jem and Scout, I don't think that's been done before. Maybe a question about how Jem matures faster than Scout?
My poetry anthologie is love and death so no help there
Any predictions?
Also, any guesses or examples for Lang? I'd like to have a list of possible things to talk about in personal writing so I'm now sitting trying to think of something. Like favourite day, worthwhile experience etc
They were so cruel giving us both lit papers in one week, I've got 5 just that week

Yeah I was thinking the exact same for TKAM. Those are the three characters that im focusing on the most for sure, hopefully one comes up in some form so im not completely screwed :/ AIC I thought Sheila was on last year so i dont know if shed come up again, however there could be a question with Gerald, Sheila and Eva about relationships. However Gerald, Birling and the Inspector are all likely as they haven't came up since (2007, 2010, 2009 respectively). No worries about the poetry. And im not too sure about Lang, I just hope the topic isnt something ridiculous like immigration. Yeah CCEA are so cruel, I only have 4 next week but it's still so much :/
Original post by peter_17
Yeah I was thinking the exact same for TKAM. Those are the three characters that im focusing on the most for sure, hopefully one comes up in some form so im not completely screwed :/ AIC I thought Sheila was on last year so i dont know if shed come up again, however there could be a question with Gerald, Sheila and Eva about relationships. However Gerald, Birling and the Inspector are all likely as they haven't came up since (2007, 2010, 2009 respectively). No worries about the poetry. And im not too sure about Lang, I just hope the topic isnt something ridiculous like immigration. Yeah CCEA are so cruel, I only have 4 next week but it's still so much :/

It won't be Aunt Alexandra. Not a major enough character. It will be Scout or Jem for sure. I think jem
Reply 4
Original post by JAMAL 69
It won't be Aunt Alexandra. Not a major enough character. It will be Scout or Jem for sure. I think jem

Yeah I suppose you're right, maybe that's why they didn't include her ever again since 2006 haha, I know Jem pretty well so I'd definitely choose him if he came up as a character
Reply 5

The 2006 question was Aunt Alexandra and there was lots to talk about. One year it was Mayella Ewell. They don't exactly care about giving a minor character.
Reply 6
Original post by Hubhu
The 2006 question was Aunt Alexandra and there was lots to talk about. One year it was Mayella Ewell. They don't exactly care about giving a minor character.

That's also true. Actually Mayella has been up twice, as with Calpurnia so AA is still a possibility. I actually have an essay plan for AA anyway so I guess it'd be alright if she came up, however I'd be much more confident with Jem or Scout

Mayella came up one year and she's not a major character- that's why I think we gotta focus on literally everyone as ccea like to trick people
Reply 8
Original post by Sherlockwho
Mayella came up one year and she's not a major character- that's why I think we gotta focus on literally everyone as ccea like to trick people

Mayella has up too recently to be asked again but I agree with what you're saying
Reply 9
I'm just doing Aunt Alexandra, Scout and Jem. I have geography tomorrow aswell which is my focus, I left it too late and I haven't started case studies yet 😩😂
Reply 10
Original post by Hubhu
I'm just doing Aunt Alexandra, Scout and Jem. I have geography tomorrow aswell which is my focus, I left it too late and I haven't started case studies yet 😩😂

I'm doing exactly the same as you, will be doing extract if none of those 3 come up! And yes sameee, I wanna do geog A Level so need to do well, I hate English with a passion! Going to be cramming for geog after English tomorrow haha
Reply 11
I'm doing exactly the same as you, will be doing extract if none of those 3 come up! And yes sameee, I wanna do geog A Level so need to do well, I hate English with a passion! Going to be cramming for geog after English tomorrow haha

At the minute I'm doing Geog AND English next year so unfortunately I can't afford to flunk either but I'm seriously scared for poetry on Friday, we only started it in school after Easter so I have no clue what's going on, and seeing as I have 5 this week I've no time except the Thursday night to do anything 😩
As for geography, I'm betting it'll be maps tomorrow. For case studies I think anything could come up. I'm feeling better about tomorrow than I am about geog unit 2 though
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Hubhu
At the minute I'm doing Geog AND English next year so unfortunately I can't afford to flunk either but I'm seriously scared for poetry on Friday, we only started it in school after Easter so I have no clue what's going on, and seeing as I have 5 this week I've no time except the Thursday night to do anything 😩
As for geography, I'm betting it'll be maps tomorrow. For case studies I think anything could come up. I'm feeling better about tomorrow than I am about geog unit 2 though

Yeah OS maps haven't came up in a few years. I feel your pain, it's so so bad. I'm really worried about Friday myself, I don't think tomorrow will be too bad (hopefully) and I've done barely anything for Geog Unit 2, very scared for it and I'm basically relying on my Controlled Assessment mark to boost my final grade
Reply 13
Yeah OS maps haven't came up in a few years. I feel your pain, it's so so bad. I'm really worried about Friday myself, I don't think tomorrow will be too bad (hopefully) and I've done barely anything for Geog Unit 2, very scared for it and I'm basically relying on my Controlled Assessment mark to boost my final grade

It's the fact that with something like science, if you work you'll get a decent mark. But with English you can get a question on Mayella and flunk it. Thank god she shouldn't come up for us 😂😩 are you looking at any theme questions? I really like the one on parenting but doubt it'll come up. If I have time I want to have a look at a prejudice markscheme just in case
For geog unit 2 I haven't opened a book yet 😂 I know the host of the first two-three case studies from mocks but I've never looked at the resources and development case studies before, nevermind the actual material
Reply 14
Original post by Hubhu
It's the fact that with something like science, if you work you'll get a decent mark. But with English you can get a question on Mayella and flunk it. Thank god she shouldn't come up for us 😂😩 are you looking at any theme questions? I really like the one on parenting but doubt it'll come up. If I have time I want to have a look at a prejudice markscheme just in case
For geog unit 2 I haven't opened a book yet 😂 I know the host of the first two-three case studies from mocks but I've never looked at the resources and development case studies before, nevermind the actual material

I totally agree 😂😂 and I'm not looking at any themes, basically I'm winging this exam if my characters dont come up haha. And prejudice was last years question so it won't come up again
Reply 15
How did everyone find that TKAM exam? I couldn't have been more happy to have seen that Jem changes question, I just knew it was going to come up! I looked at part a and straight away was like nope hahaha, managed to write 6 sides on Jem!
Reply 16
How did everyone find that TKAM exam? I couldn't have been more happy to have seen that Jem changes question, I just knew it was going to come up! I looked at part a and straight away was like nope hahaha, managed to write 6 sides on Jem!

I ALWAYS do non extract character questions in class or our mock so I found it difficult to adapt the extract technique into a character... I never do theme if I can help is so a was a no go for me. I spent 5 minutes deciding on which question to do 😂 Overall I think my essay is okay, I wrote 8 sides but I'm not sure if I did enough on language devices
Reply 17
Original post by Hubhu
I ALWAYS do non extract character questions in class or our mock so I found it difficult to adapt the extract technique into a character... I never do theme if I can help is so a was a no go for me. I spent 5 minutes deciding on which question to do 😂 Overall I think my essay is okay, I wrote 8 sides but I'm not sure if I did enough on language devices

Ah i'm the same it was my first ever extract! It kinda threw me off at first, but it wasn't all that bad! Woah that's a lot! I'm sure you did great :smile:
Reply 18
Does anyone have any predictions for An Inspector Calls on Friday if you're doing it? I reckon it could be Gerald, Mr Birling or the Inspector
Does anyone have any predictions for An Inspector Calls on Friday if you're doing it? I reckon it could be Gerald, Mr Birling or the Inspector

Did the Inspector not come up in 2015?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending